What's for Dinner #46 - the June Is Busting Out All Over Edition - June 2019

I keep hearing about Fairway steaming lobsters to order, but I’ve so far been suspicious of this.

How does this work? What instructions (if any) do you give them?

You know I thought it might be that, but I envisioned bass to have a wider, flatter body. Thanks for the info! What can go wrong with deep fried fish? Hope you enjoyed!

They have a steamer. They just stick the live lobster in the steamer for 15 minutes. I also have them crack the shell and claws so it’s easier to take apart. I usually tip them $5.

2 Likes

I feel like I’m on vacation just looking at the photos! Happy weekend.

1 Like

Thanks @meatn3! Mrs. P created a real oasis on the deck with her plants and trees. Enjoy your weekend as well!

3 Likes

Thanks! My elderly neighbor often mentions this… I just had no idea if it was just her, or it was a real thing :joy:

Eta: $9.99 this side of the Hudson

1 Like

Travelling right now, at the in-laws. Pixel is staying with them for the next 2 months while we will be having our vacation end of the month. Looks like he is happier at his summer resort than at home.

Roasted pork with olives, bacon and potatoes.

Tuna, tomatoes salad with red onion, basil and mozzarella.

Omelette with bacon, mushroom and herbs.

Tagliatelle with pesto meatball

And champagne, have a nice weekend everybody.

18 Likes

Your steak was delicious!

1 Like

Wow all the flowers, we aren’t summer yet. Like usual, great meal!!

1 Like

There was a special coupon in the Thursday NJ Record for the $5.99 lobster. Normally you don’t have to present a coupon for the lobster sales. If you have any weekly Fairway special inserts I would check that to see if they have the $5.99 coupon. We bought 4 lobsters and vacuum sealed 2 for next week. I think the coupon is only valid until Sunday.

Thank you @naf! Mrs. P has a real green thumb :slightly_smiling_face: The flowers haven’t fully grown in yet. Your meals look awesome as well, and Pixel is adorable. Enjoy your long vacation! Are you going anywhere special? I’m looking forward to your dining reports and pictures.

2 Likes

Asian trip, we are still debating destinations, let’s see who wins!

3 Likes

I’m sure there will be no loser :slightly_smiling_face: Wherever you go will be great.

1 Like

Nice send off for your upcoming travels.I

In the event that this was a menu, I’ll have it all, please.

1 Like

:heart_eyes: he is on vacay too! :joy:
Such fantastic meals coming from your kitchen as always…

2 Likes

More uninspired half assed meals around here…!

Lots of kimchi happening- i gave a few jars to friends, this was partway through packing it up, had another six jars worth when i was done. The radishes turned the brine pink! (And how hideous is that kitchen tile?? Ugh. )

Also and endless parade of watermelon

Picked up those vegan dumplings for dinner last night- there’s enough leftover for tonight too. Had some sliced cucumbers and kimchi with them and dunked in a soy/black vinegar/sesame oil/garlic mix.

8 Likes

Thanks!
Should be the kitchen of MIL. But I’ve been been her assistant chef, as she was a bit sick. Glad she is getting better now.

You make me want watermelon! Weather is only getting slightly more normal today. We still dressed like end of winter here.

1 Like

Too funny.

1 Like

Love the color of your kimchi and the potstickers & watermelon look fantastic as well! We’ve got a cantaloupe to finish, then will buy our first watermelon of the season. Yum.

Also your friends are lucky to get the kimchi!

1 Like

A visit to my Happy Place, Wegmans, resulted in some very nice sea scallops.

Pan-seared, but not as well as I had hoped. In fact, a really crappy job on the sear. But ohhh, they tasted so sweet and good! Served on toasted Israeli couscous with lemon-thyme and lemon zest, and sauteed green beans, corn, and red bell pepper with Penzeys Tuscan Sunset seasoning.

Wine.

Dessert will be a snifter of Cuarenta y Tres because I forgot to buy ice cream.

14 Likes