What's for Dinner #46 - the June Is Busting Out All Over Edition - June 2019

Cold 4 veg soup

Quesadilla: oaxacan cheese, cilantro, green onion, green chili, chutney, curry. Before

After

10 Likes

:heart_eyes: what a gorgeous furry child you have!! Happy belated birthday to Pixel! :clinking_glasses:

2 Likes

Oh ick… that’s hideous it’s so hot already in june! Gazpacho and buckets of iced tea- heavy on the ice- help me deal with nyc summers

Salad of stuff and things with a bit too much red onion and some fresh raw corn off the cob that was great. The usual olives and sunflower seeds, cucumber is under stuff somewhere… side of kombucha. There’s a 100% chance of watermelon in my near future

9 Likes

90+ is not out of ordinary in San Francisco…in September or October. But, JUNE? Our new normal is disconcerting.

Absolutely gaspacho time.

3 Likes

We split a ribeye and I made a slaw with cucumber and the leftover carrot and radish pickles, plus baked sweet potatoes and Parmesan broccoli. I am in charge of grilling all beef from here on out. Forgot how much I missed rare meat until I started (wo)manning the grill!

11 Likes

Still not ready.

1 Like

Spaghetti with clams . A chilled rose’ to drink on this warm evening.

15 Likes

Lucky you! We’ve turned the central heating back on with temperatures this week not forecast to be above 15.

As for dinner tonight, fried plaice, Jersey Royal spuds and peas. Fish will need a squeeze of lemon; spuds will need a dot or two of butter. Bourne’s Cheshire cheese afterwards.

5 Likes

Casting weather and storm, morning around 13ºC and we are nearly mid June! Yesterday, I still see people wearing puffy jackets on the street.

1 Like

I didn’t realize it was that common! I’m almost always cold down . You can always tell who’s from “inland” because they are dressed in summer attire.

San Francisco averages just two days a year when the temperature reaches 90 degrees

It was 105 here yesterday, but that’s not uncommon.
Triple Digit Club

Riverside is among the hottest!

No misters but they do have cucumber margaritas and a lot of shade.

The food is very good and the atmosphere is great, Tio’s is a local treasure highly recommended to anyone who finds themselves in this area.

Here’s an article with a video, watch it if you have a few minutes. It’s an amazing, magical place. We’re lucky to be just about a mile from it so we enjoy it often- and there is something new to see every single time.

8 Likes

Wonderful story & video. What courage Martin Sanchez has to share his soul with others.

Thank you for posting.

4 Likes

That is AWESOME!!!

3 Likes

Thanks for posting the link. I enjoyed the heck out of it!

2 Likes

Lighter dinner after a snacky playdate - roast beef and pickle melts with a cup of tomato soup.

10 Likes

Day three of unseasonable heat. Like 95F today.

Mango with chili-lime powder

Bits and pieces plate. Deviled eggs with soy and wasabi, grilled scallion, mushroom with balsamic, potstickers with choice of dips.

13 Likes

Mussels with , bread , and ceasar salad . Wine to drink . Cheers .

12 Likes

OH yum, those look so GOOD!

Tajin is used frequently in my kitchen.

1 Like