What's for Dinner #46 - the June Is Busting Out All Over Edition - June 2019

I’ll see what I can do. :grin:

3 Likes

My lil one made the dressing! Or helped at least :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Have to disagree - looks great to me

3 Likes

Maybe we’ll see you at Solid Sound this weekend?!

Roasted some chickpeas with broccolini for linguine dish. Tasty but it was a little dry. The pasta was supposed to have ricotta but I left it off since I made smitten kitchen’s charred snap pea salad with burrata so I didn’t want to max out on cheese. I added a chunk of leftover halibut to B’s plate.

Good meal, awful plating.

10 Likes

Cuisine of the Quarter voting is up: Summer 2019 (Jul-Sept) Cuisine of the Quarter - VOTING

We’ve got three great nominations this quarter (Californian, Mexican and Thai) - it will be a great quarter no matter which way we go!

2 Likes

Welcome @Ivan_Simonson!

The “too much meat” pic is actually raw chicken marinated for later meals… :joy:

Look forward to seeing and hearing about your delicious dinners soon!

4 Likes

I got a hangover in honor of Bourdain. No, really. I went to a local wine bar celebrating him and the pours were insanely large. 2 glasses did me in (never happens, ahem…)

Here was their honorary menu:

15 Likes

That’s very cool!

I wonder if Andres and Ripert did anything st their restaurants (I didn’t see it publicized beforehand, and I follow them both)

In Ripert’s case, I imagine that was an experience he would sooner forget.

1 Like

True

But I meant bec they were the ones who promoted it (his birthday) as a day of celebratory remembrance.

2 Likes

Ah, I did not know that. :slight_smile:

One of our summer standbys when tomatoes become decent: spaghetti with uncooked tomato sauce. Chopped tomato, red onion, garlic, basil, herbes des Provence, chili flakes, EVOO, soy sauce, sherry vinegar, balsamic. Left to mellow an hour.
55%20PM

Cool sauce on hot spaghetti.
03%20PM

Quintessentially summer.

17 Likes

:joy: sounds like the parental training strategy of his is working! Also, I’m siding with the kid on that pasta, something kinda odd about it.

Very impressive work with the mortar and pestle! I owned one for a while, used it maybe three times and it didn’t survive my last move

3 Likes

My contribution to the beige meals, a rare purchased frozen meal that had been in my freezer for who knows how long- the veg biryani (i think it’s vegan actually) from trader joe’s- surprisingly tasty. I added scallions to make it slightly less brown.

Salad of randomness, lots of white kimchi, olives, some leftover sautéed zucchini, bean sprouts in there somewhere. I keep making vinaigrette with the kimchi brine, very into that.
Terrible photo

Going to spare you the visual of these in real life, they’re legit hideous! Been having these just cooked in a pan and flopped on my salad. (Warning for omnis: they’re a weird squishy texture. Nothing like other faux chicken products- which is why i like them)

Lots of watermelon and cucumber salad also happening lately, suddenly nyc is HOT.

11 Likes

Actually - I am sick. Toddler virus has felled me :frowning:

Germy little buggers. :cry: I hope you get better soon!

4 Likes

Mrs. P made leftover beer can chicken salad with shredded chicken sautéed with garlic, red onions and olive oil, arugula, red and black grapes, radishes, cherry tomatoes, shredded smoked sweet beets, reduced balsamic syrup, and fresh shaved parmigiano reggiano.

13 Likes

@digga, I’m not working it but my son and his buddies will be there enjoying the stages. have a blast!

1 Like

There’s a story behind tonight’s dinner, but I’m not capable of explaining it right now. Suffice it to say, this was DW’s Birthday Dinner, but all the day long, I was clueless…

It’s dreadful getting old.

15 Likes