What's for Dinner #46 - the June Is Busting Out All Over Edition - June 2019

that is gorgeous…

2 Likes

Hatie B’s for chicken.
Arnold’s Kitchen, cafeteria style with great southern food
Been to both, check out their websites.

2 Likes

WOW. YUM. I’m really impressed by how you were able to flip dinner plans so quickly!

1 Like

The Formosa was amazing- the design team did such an amazing job, the restaurant is gorgeous. It’s a better version of it’s former self. It was super crowded so I’m looking forward to going back when they’re open to have a full meal, last night was lots of appetizers and cocktails- we had Blood and Sand to drink (dangerously easy to drink,) orange chicken (excellent balanced orange peel bitterness without being sticky sweet, I’m not always an orange chicken fan,) walnut shrimp (a signature dish of the chef,) egg rolls, etc.

4 Likes

Do you do take-out?

1 Like

Nominations now open for next quarter’s Cuisine of the Quarter! Summer 2019 (July-Sept) Cuisine of the Quarter - NOMINATIONS

3 Likes

Last meals chez inlaws. Piquillo pepperr and mango buschetta accompanying drinks, I had champagne.

Tuna mozzarella basil tomato salad

Roasted vegetables

Curry chicken with onion (with béchamel sauce!)

Heading home, vegan dinner on train Bordeaux - Paris.

My pita with falafels, hummus, fried aubergines, tahini, fattoush, amba, guindillas pepper…

Mr. n 's pita with falafels, Ful medames, baba ganoush, haminados, tomato, tahini, pickle…

Both were INCREDIBLY GOOD with house made pita! If the shop was in Paris, I could eat these everyday!

21 Likes

Thanks, @emglow101. I like leftovers but even I have a limit to how many days I can deal with it. So if I cook for two, it gives me dinner and a lunch, if it’s a weekday.

ohhhh, it’s gorgeous!!

1 Like

Long day, but a good Mom doctor’s appointment.

Dinner was honey-mustard butter roasted chicken with roasted red grapes, roasted Yukon Gold potatoes with garlic herb seasoning, and steamed asparagus.

Yup. Wine.

11 Likes

End of a long complicated day thrown together din

Corn salad from a leftover ear

Steamed broccoli with embarrassing grandkids’ cheese sauce

Grocery Outlet chicken and prosciutto ravioli in butter sauce

12 Likes

Tonight, I made a lemon ricotta spaghetti.

I tossed reserved pasta water with ricotta, lemon and parmigiano reggiano to form a creamy sauce.

14 Likes

Really that simple? Kind of a ricotta/lemon cacio e pepe? Brilliant!

2 Likes

Daughters & Sons should be good

1 Like

T y!

Two little pizzas. First was basic red sauce, turkey pepperoni, mozzarella, and basil. Second was evoo, pickled Calabria chili’s, zucchini, spicy prosciutto, buffalo mozzarella, parm, oregano, and chives. Plus wine.

14 Likes

Double wow !

Thank you! I can’t seem to find the appropriate sub-forum.

1 Like

We really enjoyed City House and Rolf and Daughters (a number of years ago). If I was by myself I would have worked in hot chicken, but we had vegetarians in the group each time.

The resort is a bit of a zoo (we congregated there for a shower on a separate trip), but the food is decent if it’s late or you’re feeling lazy or tired. They also deliver pizza to the room…

Re hot chicken, S1E6 of Ugly Delicious on Netflix covers it from the angle of origin/appropriation/respect (re Bolton’s/Prince’s vs Hattie B’s/Sean Brock). Some description here and here.

2 Likes

I’m sure I’ll be feeling lazy or tired.

Going to have to find way to get some hot chicken .

Not a fan of pizza., but I am all about taking advantage of food I can get delivered.