What's for Dinner #24 - 08/2017 - Hot Summer Nights on Grill Continue

oops, i don’t recognize the daughter… who is she?

Mariska Hargitay, Law and Order SVU

2 Likes

Leftover chicken mole on rice. Red light food

d

6 Likes

Doink Doink !!

1 Like

Svensk mat ikväll.

Pytt I panna med stekt ägg o rödbetor:

6 Likes

That goes without saying :wink:
There was once a Multigrain Situation due to a lack of peanut butter at the store but i learned my lesson.

2 Likes

laughing out loud … FWIW the original cinnamon is not too bad

1 Like

We are rather predictable. Thursday is often fish night. The grand-scallion comes on Friday, and she does love our leftover grilled salmon. My potassium levels have once again tanked so there were potatoes. And finally, I made a zucchini-cherry tomato dish. Simple really. A bit of olive oil, rounds of zucchini, topped by tomatoes (cherry tonight since those plants had to be harvested), sauté on the stovetop, then throw into the oven. When the zucchini is the right level of softness, top with parmesan cheese and turn on the broiler.

Prepped, ready for the stovetop:

After coming out of the broiler. Not as brown as I prefer:

Salmon off the grill:

And my plate with the mashed potatoes. Yea, the Yukons were getting old. It was time to turn them into something worth eating:

6 Likes

pork tenderloin browned in duck fat, then in 400 degrees oven for 12 minutes - out at 130 degrees.
Ong Chay ( water spinach ) sautéed with E VOO,

one head of garlic , soy sauce, cider vinegar, salt and a splash of Datu Puti Pinoy Spiced coconut vinegar for some extra kick.
Served with yukon gold mash potato and gravy from frozen stock made recently with pork and chicken bones .

6 Likes

Mozzarella garlic “gnocchi” with an assist from Costco’s pulled pork and bbq sauce

Cloud bread strawberry shortcake with vanilla yogurt dressing for dessert

6 Likes

How do you make your “gnocchi”? They look delicious!

1 Like

I use this recipe https://www.google.com/amp/s/theprimitivepalate.com/2015/01/25/keto-garlic-gnocchi/amp/

My tips - divide into 4 and let chill for 20 minutes or so before rolling, salt the water for boiling and use a slotted spoon to drain on a rack over a baking sheet and let cool before pan searing, definitely use low moisture mozzarella not fresh. It’s basically pan fried cheese but works as gnocchi for us low carb folk.

2 Likes

Interesting! Do you use pre-shredded cheese or shred your own? Pre-shredded has a bit of starch coating it so I wonder if that helps the gnocchi hold its shape. I’m also wondering if folding in a whipped egg white or two would work to lighten the texture - I’m assuming these are fairly dense?

The pre shredded seems to work better, I think the cellulose helps. I don’t find them particularly dense but I go in expecting fried cheese, definitely dense compared to lighter texture of gnocchi. I’ve never tried adding whipped whites but that’s a good idea especially to use the whites from the eggs that otherwise have to find another use.

seriously!

1 Like

Gnocchis too, the third consecutive dinner. Our neighbour brought us 1kg of gnocchis freshly made in Nice, for taking care of their garden and their cat. Our first 2 meal were more simple, gnocchis with good old butter and sprinkled with Bottarga macinata (grounded fish roe) also gift from them, it was sublime!

If anybody is going to Nice, I do recommend this place.

These were the blue and black tomates with mozzarella. This year, tomatoes grow well with the heat.

Pork with onion and mushroom and gnocchis.

I thinks it’s a good idea to DIY, gnocchis are so much better fresh, you taste a lot more the potatoes. The dried ones tends to “retain” more water.

@fldhkybna interesting your recipe! I am trying to look for a more classic version with potato starch. I am sure I will try your version too.

9 Likes

As a lifetime low carb eater, real gnocchi is out of my wheelhouse :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nothing remotely healthy here … what you see is what you get!
These were DH’s burgers those crappy kraft x sharp cheddar slices work really well on burgers
I’m a Bleu or “real” cheddar burger girl
late addition dessert

dark chocolate / French vanilla ice cream, dark chocolate sauce, chocolate shell, salted caramel sauce, peanuts, whipped cream, sliced banana

12 Likes

Cali night.

Chickn Cheddar burgers, zucchini trifolata, heirloom tomato salad with blue cheese dressing, and an arugula salad:

4 Likes

Burgers with a side of bacon…that’s my kind of meal!

3 Likes