What's for Dinner #15 - 11/2016 - the Back-to-Standard-Time Edition

I made a wicked hot beef sandwich with a left over roast. I caramelized sweet onions with balsamic vinegar, thinly sliced the beef and heated it in a skillet just enough that the fat in the marbling started to melt. I spread some creamy Greek flavoured dressing on Dutch crunch bread, piled on the meat and onions. Topped it off with Parmesan cheese petals. Crazy good!

4 Likes

A thick slice of ancient grain bread with seeds, lightly toasted and topped with cream cheese and cranberry sauce.

And a giant, crunchy pile of lettuce with lemon vinegrette.

2 Likes

Not much for me . I’m in the hotel room for another 2 1/2 weeks . I brought my Bialetti and coffee grinder a couple pans and a little stove top propane stove . Other than that I am making Annie Chuns microwave and adding prawns . Scrambled eggs for breakfast , cheese and bread , . Going out for the occasional lunch and dinner . Fly fishing has been phenomenal . Loving it .:evergreen_tree::fish:

6 Likes

A gloomy day in HV — almost Berlin-like.

Not scheduled to work tonight, as I was anticipating a band rehearsal that’s not happening… and so finally, the Thai green curry will make its long awaited appearance: the Chinese eggplant was still in fine shape, the orange pepper a little wrinkly (but it’ll get cooked anyway), and I’m adding about a cup frozen peas. Got a nice cod filet to chop into chunks and toss in at the very end. All served over basmati. Wish I could get my hands on some Thai basil, but no dice.

Early dinner tonight, possibly followed by a drink or two at the CBDTR.

3 Likes

We swear by Bosch kit for the kitchen. The only thing we have not by them is the second fridge (generally known as Mrs H’s booze fridge) - and that only because we needed a very narrow one which Bosch didnt sell.

3 Likes

I would like such a booze fridge, too! The partner complains our fridge is full of beer and wine and that 99% of the beer is mine.

You have good self-control, Mr. H. :innocent:

1 Like

Well I call mine a beer fridge, but everyone needs to have one of these.

Due to some of the cheeses and some dry aged beef I have used mine for, it actually has a very pleasant, faintly nutty odor.

4 Likes

Baked Mac & Ham & Cheese - for me and for freezer Mom meals. Easy-peasy.

6 Likes

Last night I made a dish of ground meat sautéed with onions, garlic, eggplant and baharat spices and toasted pine nuts over white rice

5 Likes

The December edition is here:

1 Like