What's For Dinner #12- 8/2016. Still looks like summer

It is amazing . Chris the owner of El Salchichero in Santa Cruz is always inventing these great sausages . The small chunks of fresh peach with the cheddar work so well together . http://www.elsalchichero.com/

1 Like

The fog has been here for days now . Cold and gloomy :cloud: Stew weather . So it’s the leftover beef short ribs that I put in the smoker . Combined with local ingredients of onion , carrot , tomatoes , potato’s , and dried porcini .

3 Likes

Carrot top pesto! It’s very tasty

Last night I got home late and put together this chickpea carrot salad- i used two good sized carrots, slightly less oil and swapped in a mix of sunflower seeds and hemp seeds. I had this over some mixed salad greens, really great combo with the dill.

Tonight we ordered in from a new indian spot for working late desk dinner (ugh), i had a potato eggplant curry and even though we ordered a bunch of naan it was so good we ate it all.

2 Likes

Holy CRAP, @WeezieD i just got the package of hotness!!! THANK YOU, SO MUCH!!! please let me reimburse you! Such a wealth of spicy richness… I hope most of these are freezable, but I’ll get going on making things with them this weekend.

Thank you, again, so much!!!

xoxo

2 Likes

I can’t wait too see what you make!

Yes, they freeze well so you can use them a little at a time. I prefer the corbaci fresh but they’ll keep in the fridge for a week or so- they’re a sweet pepper.

I will not hear another word about money.

1 Like

i’ll definitely let you know what i come up with!

too kind. you must let me send you something from here, if there’s every anything…

actually, i may have some Bolivian pepper seeds… huacataya… maybe i can send you those and you can grow them! they’re rather hard to find here. let me make sure i still have them.

thanks again, so much!!

2 Likes

Wednesday. I survived work.
Sketti. Sauce. Crusty buttered roll. Wine.
Ice cream sandwich for dessert.
Something cheesy on TV.
Hump Daaaaaaaayyyyyy.

5 Likes

Amy’s frozen entree’s on acupuncture Wednesday . No cooking after the treatment . Some beers and pop the frozen dinners in the micro .

1 Like

Well its HOT out and the tomatoes are starting to really come off the vine - I went out to the beach to visit family last weekend and brought some tomatoes and Rhulman’s tomato water pasta recipe with me. Home to a busy week of quick meals - stuffed tehse suckers with rice and tuna - made a pasta salad with tomatoes & chickpeas last night. Still not tired of tomatoes though not sure what tonight’s iteration will be.

the champion variety this year is a hybrid “Chef’s Choice Orange” they are meaty and prolific and sweet. Love em

5 Likes

Steamed halved new potatoes . Along with a steamed salmon steak . Fairy tales sautéed in o.o and garlic .

1 Like

Homemade dashi with soba noodles and salmon. The veg was bok choy, carrot and celery with Thai basil for a flavor punch

6 Likes

Those frozen Amy’s meals were like a food group for me in college…! I should pick one up sometime for nostalgia’s sake. The tamale pie was a regular purchase back then

I had some sort of tamale pie . It was sustainable . And the vegetable pie . They are my go to when getting worked on . I like em .

Looks great .

It is so hot and sticky yucky here. Got home late, waited for dinner because eating at work is just soooo depressing. Savory watermelon salad with cherry tomatoes, edamame, chopped olives, arugala and cilantro, quicky vinegrette with a nice punch of black pepper. Hard cider a la carte. Diligently avoiding social media photos of everyone else’s fabulous summer vacations.

2 Likes

I never get any frozen entrees of any sort, but somebody gave me 6 of the Amy’s vegetable lasagnes. They were surprisingly delicious. I might have to re-visit them

4 Likes

That is the understatement of the century. I have been avoiding the kitchen like the plague because I just can’t bear the idea of turning on any sort of heat source. I’ve even been staying late at work to enjoy the institutional AC!!! Tonight I’m going to have to cook the hamburger in my fridge before it rots, but I really, really don’t want to.

1 Like

This was a light dinner tonight. Just playing around in the kitchen

Had a bag of Patagonian scallops that I had cleaned and was thawing in the fridge. Had grape tomatoes and a bag of oranges in the fridge and mint growing outside. On a whim decided to do a crudo. Worked better than anticipated

7 Likes

Beautiful!!!