What's for Dinner #104 - the Almost Green Edition - March 2024

Aldi dinner all the.way tonight. Broiled tuna steaks with lemon pepper and extra lemon juice. Green beans with bacon and sautéed onion. Loaded baked potato perogies. (Not bad at all) The flavor is there.

16 Likes

Trader Joe’s dinner tonight, pan fried pork pot stickers, doctored up veggie fried rice and a crunchy tart slaw from left over St. Patrick’s day cabbage and carrots.
Oh, and some wine

18 Likes

A spring-green dinner. Jacques Pepin’s souffle with sauteed garden spinach, bacon, and gruyere. Pan-grilled asparagus spears, also from the garden. Freshly baked focaccia.

27 Likes

Cold, windy, rainy day with a speck of sunshine. WFD was cream of chicken soup. Sauteed seasoned chopped chicken thighs in oo with onion, garlic, carrot, celery, mushrooms, added concentrated chicken broth, bay leaf and simmered until done then added heavy cream and parsley to serve. Caesar salad, homemade dressing and croutons.

20 Likes

another Friday, another salad, courtesy of the BF. His perfectly poached egg over radicchio, romaine, frisee, pepperoncini, avocado, crispy fried shallots, shallots, and my dressing of vermouth vinegar, evoo, dijon, lemon juice, roasted garlic, s&p.

and a bowl of his Thai green curry with chicken and chickpeas, for him.

22 Likes

gorgeous!

2 Likes

Me too! Makes me smile every time I look at it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::kissing_heart::wink:

3 Likes

Thank you! It was delicious - our first real taste of spring.

1 Like

We enjoyed a sensational 13th pre-anniversary dinner at Fiorentini Restaurant, in Rutherford, NJ. Our actual anniversary is on The 27th. We enjoyed lamb saddle stuffed with spinach, raisin, fermented chili, and zucchini, with garlic jus; crispy and juicy swordfish Milanese; mushroom steak with cauliflower purée; vitello tonnato; squid ink tagliolino cacio e pepe with sea urchin cream. We enjoyed lavender panna cotta for dessert. It all went great with an excellent cabernet and red Zinfandel.

16 Likes

Pan-seared pork belly with smoked paprika served over beluga lentils, carrots, celery, shallots, watercress, honey, apple vinegar, white wine and topped with sour cream

19 Likes

Lucky 13! Happy anniversary to you both!

6 Likes

Pizza night at Club B: perhaps some of the best dough ever, with lots of homemade toppings like meatballs, sausage, roasted eggplant and red peppers.

My favorite pie was the white one with B shproutz and garlic. A ridiculously luscious coconut cake was a collaborative effort between our host and our buddy.

Can’t wait to find out WFD tonight :blush:

20 Likes

Thank you Denise!

1 Like

Happy #13—keep on celelebrating!

1 Like

Thank you! We will :slightly_smiling_face: We have another nice dinner reserved tonight in the pouring rain.

3 Likes

Happy anniversary! To love and be loved is the greatest gift of all <3

3 Likes

Nominations for Dish and Cuisine of the Quarter are open!
https://www.hungryonion.org/t/spring-2024-apr-jun-dish-of-the-quarter-nominations/38252/2
https://www.hungryonion.org/t/spring-2024-apr-jun-cuisine-of-the-quarter-nominations/38253/2

ETA - Links to past winners here:

1 Like

Thank you! Happy Birthday to your PIC, and congratulations on your good health news! It looks like you and your friends are having a fabulous celebration. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Messy rainy day running errands.
Even more messy night as the rain comes in via downpours until midnight.

Dinner was Za’atar Sheet Pan Chicken, with potatoes, broccoli, and red onion and a tahini-lemon drizzle on top. Very good!

Three Fingers Jack Chardonnay alongside.

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a41461294/zaatar-sheet-pan-chicken-recipe/?

22 Likes

Bucatini/pesto/ mushrooms/bacon/sauteed onions and fresh diced tomatoes. 2 pasta dinners in a week is enough for me.

22 Likes