What's for Dinner #104 - the Almost Green Edition - March 2024

I probably could have added a few more!

1 Like

Tonight’s dinner was spaghettini with sesame bok choy.

16 Likes

I bought bok choy yesterday and I had coconut milk so I thought I would try @janeh9’s Coconut-Poached Fish With Bok Choy Recipe, but with shrimp and I served it over cauli rice. I also added green curry paste as I thought it needed a little heat. It was very good. Cuke, pickled daikon, carrot & red onion salad with oo & pickled daikon juice dressing, black sesame seeds.

20 Likes

I made a big pot of Hoover Stew (first time making this stew). Sunshine & I will probably get 3 meals out of it. We were both surprised that it was quite tasty and very filling. I did add some hot sauce to my portion, though.

19 Likes

@rwcfoodie - OK, I love your avatar. :wink:

3 Likes

This is so darn appetizing! The little meatballs :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

TheLibrarian28 - I didn’t realize until last night that I had mistakenly deleted my reply. It’s back now. Sorry about that.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Sorry I don’t see your reply. Was it the recipe? :grinning:

Thanks! The meatballs were frozen from Costco, can’t remember the brand, but they’re really tasty and the sauce was Rao’s tomato/basil to which I added mushrooms and garlic. Pretty much a heat and serve meal, except for the noodles. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

these?

1 Like

I need to go shopping where you go shopping.

4 Likes

Our first meal down south: Lebanese takeout. Fantastic baba ghanoush, hummus, toum, tabbouleh, yogurt dip, salad, yellow rice, chicken, shwarma, falafel… did I miss anything?

Oh, right! Martini appetizer & dessert :cocktail::cocktail::cocktail:

Invino’s a bit out of practice and was ailing a bit this AM :woozy_face: - despite my greatest efforts to keep everyone hydrated.

It’s my PIC’s birfday today, and our lovely hostess will be making a couple of her fabulous pizze and a coconut cake for dinner.

Truly spoiled, we are :blush:

19 Likes

(post deleted by author)

ENVIOUS :exclamation:
and
★☆★HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!★☆★
to your PIC❣️

3 Likes

Happy birthday PIC!

And @linguafood it looks like your vacation is off to a good start :cocktail: :birthday: :clinking_glasses: :balloon: :tada:

4 Likes

Nope, wasn’t Kirkland.

#753.:slightly_smiling_face:

Got it - thanks.

1 Like

That looks wonderful! I hope it tasted as good as it looks. HB to your PIC and I was happy to hear your health news. Enjoy the trip and keep the pics coming.

4 Likes

I made minestrone with mozz-chicken Rana tortellini and a dollop of ricotta. Hit the spot.

23 Likes