What's for Dinner #100 - The WFD Big 100th Edition - November 2023

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post this for me. It sounds very good to me and I know my daughter will love it. She won’t eat pizza with a tomato based sauce. She love tomato based sauces with pizza and doesn’t understand why she doesn’t like them on pizza, but she just can’t eat red pizzas.

1 Like

Looking forward to your posts…what island(s) will you be visiting?
Fair winds and following seas to you and yours.

2 Likes

Have you tried starting with mayo? I’m not an expert but these have worked well for me. (If you want to make the mayo, I use an immersion blender.)

1 Like

I spy… NO hot sauce?

I got some yellows, oranges, and reds in there too :wink:

A quick Skinny Orange Chicken dinner on Basmati rice with steamed broccoli and schprinkled with chopped cashews. Because I can.

P.S. DO NOT use 3 Tbsp of cornstarch if making a full recipe! It comes out so gloppy! I only use 1 Tbsp and it’s more than enough.

22 Likes

Spaetzle and surimi

Surimi and mushrooms without spaetzle

My last radishes from the garden and some arugula

Cabbage 2 ways

15 Likes

Chili with meat and beans from the freezer. The usual suspects: cheddar, scallion, sour cream, tabasco. Home-fried tortilla chips and chicken chicharrones on the side.

23 Likes

Wfd: “Hunan chicken” from a Bon Appetit circa 1999, steamed broccoli, white rice. And two job offers :slight_smile: . Oh yeah!!!

32 Likes

Looks wonderful and congrats!

7 Likes

I worked our municipal election all day. My DH made packaged spinach-cheese manicotti with meat sauce. No pic.

15 Likes

Habañero sauce added post pic. It’s tasty, yet watery. :laughing:

1 Like

:partying_face:

7 Likes

Congratulations!!

2 Likes

Mahalo! A few days in Honolulu for a conference, followed by a few more on the North Shore :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Woot!

2 Likes

And it’s two months exactly since I sent out my first job app. It’s been a roller coaster but we are resilient!

8 Likes

One click away from ordering in Turkish or ramen (haha), I decided I wanted something simple and homemade instead.

So I made dal (boiled with broccoli slaw and aromatics, then pureed and tempered with more aromatics), rice, and fish en papillote with chutney. I really should have added coconut to the chutney to absorb the liquid, but it still tasted good even though it released some liquid.

Always funny to me when I crave dal and rice as a comfort meal, because I abhorred dal as a kid!

20 Likes

Bo Kho-Style Mushroom and White Bean Stew from Andrea Nguyen with mushrooms, carrots, cannellini beans, crushed tomatoes, dried shiitake, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, Chinese five spice, star anise, bay leaf, fish sauce, Maggi and Thai basil

19 Likes

Congratulations!

3 Likes