What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

Egg slice with zucchini, basil, pickled scallion and chili crisp. A homemade, plant-based herb spread on rye cracker: tarragon, chive and parsley.

Strawberries and everything green from the garden.

12 Likes

9 Likes

The last of the veggie slice with chili crisp. Carrot slaw. Whole wheat muffin with zucchini, currants and walnuts.

10 Likes

Leek quiche leftovers from Pompette Bakery in Toronto, and a little leftover rib steak

8 Likes

Rolled omelet with Red Cat cheese from Birchrun Hills Farm, corn and green bean salad, and a slice of bacon
Rolled omelet with red cat

9 Likes

Thanks to the Good Culture brand, I’ve gone from a cottage cheese hater to a cottage cheese lover. That’s fortunate because protein for breakfast is non-negotiable !

Usually I go savory (salt, pepper, and chopped cuke or radish) but I happen to have a bunch of tart cherries I used to make a fruit shrub. I strained the fruit out, as you do, but couldn’t bring myself to throw it away. It has kept beautifully in the fridge for many days after straining so now I have it in my cottage cheese.

10 Likes

Homemade granola, crumbled original Oreo cookies and peanut butter Oreo cookies.

Oh, and almond milk. #BecauseHealth

5 Likes

Love FF cottage cheese w/tomatoes and black pepper or with salsa. Good low carb, low fat dish anytime. The only downer is that FF cottage cheese (like a zillion other items I desire) is hard to find in the stores. Our Safeway carries it sometimes, and when I find it, I will buy two large cartons. Unopened, they last far past the pull date in the fridge.

Needs Heath Bars. #BecauseHeath

2 Likes

I see you’ve done this before …

The force is strong in you. I sense.

2 Likes

I don’t know what “FF” means, sorry.

1 Like

You said it! That’s a “nap after” breakfast. Nice.

1 Like

Menudo?

Nope

Fat free, probably.

Beef stew of some kind, I’d wager

No need to be sorry, Fat Free.
It is a misnomer because there is a small percentage of fat, but it falls below the 1% cutoff, I guess.

Yup.

Braised short ribs, with two over easy eggs, and english muffin on the side.

4 Likes

Lovely!

The breakfast buffet at my hotel in Hakuba, Japan , offered a Japanese beef curry most mornings.