What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

Yes. I had 2-3 T. of the béchamel left over, and whisked it in with the (four) eggs. The frittata came out very tender, and I think it was the béchamel that was responsible. Tasty, too.

3 Likes

ricotta toast with quartered grapefruit, toasted pistachio, cherry tomatoes, manuka honey and mint.

13 Likes

Smitten Kitchen’s asparagus hash. I used bacon.

8 Likes

I ate the remaining half a bag of Bunny Munch for breakfast. I started the bag around midnight. Also, a Greek Iced Coffee with 1 percent milk.

180 calories per 1/4 cup, 4 servings per bag, so it was a 360 calorie breakfast!
Around the same caloric load as a fried egg sandwich. :joy:

7 Likes

That sounds good.

1 Like

Carb and sugars numbers?

1 Like

That looks great!

2 Likes

:joy:

Salmon Benedict with broccolini

Screenshot 2023-04-09 at 9.09.33 PM

10 Likes

11 Likes

Cornstarch will do the same thing. One of CI’s quiche recipes calls for it.

2 Likes

My understanding was that this is more used medicinally or topically than in culinary applications. Do you like it? What’s it like?

I like it and use it less for its (purported) medicinal benefits and effects, and more because I prefer its flavor profile, which is more earthy, bittersweet tone than traditional honey. A bit like burnt caramel.

It is nice, in my opinion, as a finishing honey, as opposed to a “drinking” honey for things like tea, lattes, etc.

1 Like

Healthy, low-sodium :grinning:

1 Like

Helpful - thank you

Whole-wheat sourdough waffles with homemade blackberry syrup.

10 Likes

I’m hopping on the @MunchkinRedux waffle wagon! In my case it’s Liege waffles as I had loads of pearl sugar that needed using up. I topped it with whipped cream and cinnamon sugar.

7 Likes

Quesadilla with homemade refries, cheddar and pickled peppers. Sriracha mayo for him; tabasco and sour cream for me.

8 Likes

Yum.

I had a little leftover teriyaki salmon and fried rice noodles from last night, and 4 lemon cookies :joy: now for my weigh-in.

2 Likes

Ha ha! My Rule # 1: always weigh yourself before breakfast.

3 Likes