What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

Thanks for posting this! I have a very good friend who lives in the area and would love this, passing on your recommendation now to her!

1 Like

You’re welcome
Trockwood is she new to TM or the bread?
This was my first visit since they changed things around a bit… they added
a parking lot around back of the store and the
interior has changed as well more tables have
been added to accommodate people who
want to eat in and the cashier is in now in the back of the store
a right turn just past the hanging salamis, a minor expansion. … few other changes as well.

She’s lived in the area just about six months or so, probably 20min away, and said she had not been there yet but would visit soon with an eye out for the bread.

1 Like

Port Chester in general is a great food destination!

I’m currently renting a flat in Delhi. Breakfast this morning was rotis and curd left over from last nights thali and some if the sweetest most fragrant mangoes I’ve had. Washed down wIth chai from the stall opposite the flat.

2 Likes

Baguette french toast and a fried egg. Espresso to drink.

5 Likes

I found a photo of the kneaded bread’s provolone bread
Since they are across the street from TM it’s a no brainer…

2 Likes

Gah!! I saw this photo earlier before i had a late lunch and i swear my tummy grumbled loud enough for everyone to hear…! I may need to ask she bring one to me…

1 Like

This morning we had toasted pita stuffed with Syrian white cheese along a side blackberries and cantaloupe. Nice combo. The richness of the cheese cut with the acidity from the berries and mellowed by the musky sweetness of the melon

2 Likes

ha…sorry
I hear they make a killer chocolate Challah
if you’re into that … many fans of it here…I never tried it
The provolone bread, I just slice on the thick side and toast
the cheese gets melty …

1 Like

Just came back from Spain and I have to say that I’ve fallen in love with a simple breakfast of coffee, and toast with tomato and olive oil on top. If only I could find good bread as easily as in Spain and elsewhere in Europe.

6 Likes

Today it was tsampa porridge. This is Tibetan roasted barley porridge. The version I had, had, bananas, honey and yak cheese in it. Thankfully they were sparing with the yak cheese. A bit thin but a nice flavour.

1 Like

Today was the first “Breakfast with Wimbledon” for the next few weeks! Extra toasted english muffin, with a slice of tomato, and a fried egg. If I did not have a strawberry allergy I would have added berries and cream. :tennis:

A common work day breakfast. An egg roll up
Brown a flour tortilla lightly on one side then layer in what ever you want plus an over easy fried egg. Today it was sautéed tomatoes and mushrooms, shredded romaine with a half a slice of muster cheese. Rolled up tight and back on the comal to brown lightly on all sides then cut in half

How have i missed this thread??? i think almost all bfasts are exciting!!

posting a bfast from last week just to get a toe in here…

fresh corn sauteed with egg, onion, cilantro, bird chiles, queso fresco, on a charred, thick “homemade” (not by me) corn tortilla.

this morning’s was more of a mundane stripe - 1/2 cup leftover mexi-rice and an egg, stuck in the micro for 1.5 minutes, douse in red habanero hot sauce. actually, quite delish, but not photo-worthy.

3 Likes

That had me drooling the last time you posted it. That tortilla looks almost like it’s a Mexican sope it’s so thick. Yum!

2 Likes

You’re killing me MC

1 Like

This morning was three fried eggs with
Tibetan bread and roasted chilli oil liberally applied to the eggs. Good Americano to have with.

2 Likes

I can almost taste this … :heart_eyes:

Wifey and I split a two egg mushroom omelet this morning

1 Like