What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

Scrambled eggs and a vanilla Belgium waffle. On of the pups had me awake at 4:30, so I had plenty of time to clean the kitchen and prep waffle batter.

I haven’t played this up in a while :slight_smile: I make what I call a “faux-tata,” a hybrid frittata and omelet. It’s a great way to use up any bit and pieces of leftover. No matter how small. 'Scuse all the photos.

3 Likes

I have a big pot of yellow cheesy grits on the stove. Temps in the 40s this morning so a big bowl of hot grits sounded like just the ticket.

1 Like

I needed some sustenance before tackling my least favorite store for all of life’s necessities. Avocado toast and a cappuccino hit the spot.

4 Likes

Scrapple, drizzled with maple syrup (extra-dark).

Dave McMuffin.

Homemade English muffins, baked egg (I use the ring from a can of Thai pepper with the top and bottom removed), Canadian bacon, very thin slice of tomato, a little hot sauce, and sliced cheese - whatever is in the drawer.

1 Like

Challah French toast and eggs. Apparently if you have a Friday morning appointment with my dentist, you get your choice of raisin, chocolate, or plain challah. Who knew!

2 Likes

Lovely Aussie. Made a quick mushroom and cheese omelette before my wife left early for her jaunt to learn how to spin alpaca wool

Omelettes are my go-to when either of us are in a hurry to get out the door.

1 Like

Super fresh everything bagel from Absolute bagels on the uws, with plain tofutti schmear. Best under $4 breakfast ever.

For our quick out the door breakfast it’s a fried egg roll up in a tortilla. Depending on the time will depend on what else goes in it

1 Like

Likey :slight_smile: That’s a flour tortilla ( we usually only use corn) but it doesn’t look huge.

I have some good corn ones from the Mexican market but would be much harder to roll with filling. More of a fold over

1 Like

Sunday is the only day I get beyond toast or muesli. This week - mushroom omelette.

1 Like

Absolute is our favorite place! We bring home to CA two dozen which I wrap individually in plastic wrap, into a zipping bag(s) and freeze. Toasted they’re superb. It’s really the only time we have bagels and we haven’t been to NYC in toooo long.

1 Like

It’s the hot cross bun season! So today, a cappuccino and a hot cross bun with butter.

1 Like

Fresh pastry from the FM. Mine was apricot and DH had a cinnamon bun. Espresso and the season opener of F1 rounded out the morning.

3 Likes

Pita stuffed with Munster cheese toasted

A breakfast from childhood

1 Like

A good use of leftover pastrami when you’re done making sandwiches

4 Likes

Total cheat breakfast…
We picked up a prosciutto and provolone bread from Tarry Market in Port Chester, NY.
It really should be renamed provolone and prosciutto bread.
In spite of looking like a porky lard bread it tastes more like a very good provolone bread …the provolone
was piquant … just perfect. This bread takes on a life of its own when toasted…it makes a
quick, easy and delicious breakfast with a couple of eggs. I have made the same breakfast using
their focaccia, I much prefer this bread.

For those of you not living in or familiar with this area Tarry Market is owned by Mario Batali and Joe Bastianich and is like a teeny tiny Eataly in Westchester County.

2 Likes