What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

Typical beakfast is a fried egg on toast or tortilla

When you put it on a tortilla, how do you eat it?

Depends on if it’s flour or corn. With a corn tortilla its toasted on a comal and then the egg on top. Toppings will depend on what’s at hand.

With a flour tortilla my wife likes a roll up with sometimes shredded lettuce, tomato, cheese , etc. rolled and sliced in half

So a rolled one is going to be hard fried or scrambled?

Broken yolk over easy but yes

A thread from another website mentioned these super simple sautéed dates, basically just cooked in olive oil until there are blisters and then generous flakey salt.
So the half bag of abandoned dates in my fridge was put to good use!
Loved loved loved this, just did five, split in half and pitted, then put those still warm over plain greek yogurt.

1 Like

That sounds fantastic

Coffee and a fresh from the woodburning oven Montreal bagel, with a schmear.

1 Like

I’m thinking of a Spanish tortilla for breakfast. Have eggs, potatoes and onions.

Hit the spot!

6 Likes

Niiiiiiice.

For me, it’s gonna be another egg cup, I think. It’s Sunday after all :slight_smile:

Beauty. What kind of cheese?

I actually like mine cold, on a crusty roll or baguette. A carb festival of sorts.

Yeah it’s great cold. I would have loved some manchego but didn’t have it. Gouda was a stand in

Christmas Day breakfast - croissant and plum jam with mulled wine spices (farmers market purchase from “Fruits of the Forage”).

1 Like

Haggis, fried eggs, bacon and tomatoes
A great start to Christmas fay.

Potica and coffee while watching the Rose Parade.

4 Likes

What is this delightful treat? Something with walnuts?

Yes. It’s the traditional holiday bread my DH’s family makes. It’s a slightly sweet yeast dough rolled flat with a walnut, honey, egg, vanilla mix spread on, and then rolled into a horseshoe. We freeze a loaf for New Year’s morning.

2 Likes

Just saw a blog talking about baking puff pastry in your waffle maker. this is happening sunday morning with strawberries and bacon on the side.

I saw a photo of that somewhere and thought it looked fantastic. Report back please!