What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

Is it your BDay? If so, Happy Birthday :birthday:

1 Like

Thank you! Yes, 'tis. :blush:

4 Likes

back to the grind and my standard weekday breakfast
always a fresh pot of coffee first thing in the morning
while milk cream top yoghurt - plain - today with a dab of apricot jam
and some carb - today a slice of home made bread toasted with butter

whomever convinced America that low-fat yoghurt plied with tons of sugar and stabilizers was the answer has a special place in hell that stuff is such a pale comparison to the texture and flavor of real yoghurt.

2 Likes

We’ve been eating our way through a fillet of steelhead trout, brined and cold smoked

Could be worse

3 Likes

I’ll say.

Happy Birthday to you, Kattyeyes!

1 Like

Thank you kindly! Starting the day with cake and ending it with my best friend and family–life’s finer things. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Scramblees with shredded mozzarella, diced ham off the bone, fresh torn basil leaves, ishimi togarashi.

Wonderbra.

Salmon hash with over easy egg.

3 Likes

I bought a couple of American style pancakes at the farmers market yesterday. They had maple syrup and bacon incorporated into them. They proved to be only OK

Huevos Rancheros yesterday with 2 eggs over easy

`

4 Likes

From this weekend - a few donuts from Blue Star brought by friends. There was maple bacon (not my thing), blueberry bourbon basil (really good), apple fritter (okay), raspberry rosemary (really good), Mexican chocolate (the best), pina colada (meeeh). I’m not a huge donut fan but it was fun to share a bite of each and see what all the fuss is about. Mexican chocolate did not make it into the pic because it was inhaled upon opening the box.

1 Like

This thread is killing me. Breakfast is my favorite meal and I’m going to work my way through as many of these delicious dishes as I can. Savory bread pudding and spinach. Yowsa.
One of my faves: sourdough french toast, sauteed chard w/shreds of smoked bacon. Apple sauce on the side.

1 Like

Soaking up last night’s booze with a brunchy egg cup: buttered ramekin, TJ’s Tuscan pane, Wegmans’ old-fashioned ham, sharp cheddar, egg. All baked in the oven and topped with TJ’s hollandaise. Nom.

7 Likes

Bacon sandwich - supermarket smoked bacon on Irish sodabread farls.

I had a couple of tablespoons of leftover rice and choppped chuck steak and cheddar cheese. Put a couple of slices of Mennonita cheese (a great melting Mexican cheese that I’ve only recently learned about). MWd it and then an over easy egg on it. Wish I had more :slight_smile:

1 Like

Scrapple/egg/cheese sandwich!

1 Like

Plain greek yogurt with chia seeds, chopped green apple, a handful of puffins cereal, and dribbles of runny almond butter.

Leftover spanish garbanzos y espinacas stew over a thick slice of pumpernickel toast. (Delicious but does not pair well with coffee!)

1 Like

12 almonds and 2 christmas lindt chocolates. :pensive: fail.

2 Likes

Breakfast was 2% Greek yogurt mixed with fresh pomegranate, some of the smooshed up to flavor the yogurt.