What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

(Gwenn) #524

I want my Maypo!! Remember the commercials but never had it.

My brother loved Maypo when he was a kid. I thought it was gross!

(Dan) #526

More of guilty pleasure because it comes together in seconds when I don’t want to wait for oatmeal to cook. I can only find it in one grocer and the price has tripled in 50 yrs. :bowl_with_spoon:

Same, but sister

So do I with a dollop of butter and a dash of salt!

Off to enjoy a birthday breakfast!

(Dan) #530

:tada: Good for you, Phreddy!

(Junior) #531

Happy Birthday!! All the best.

Far from exciting but our run of the mill breakfast is 1/2 cup of dry roll oats with 1/2 cup of almond milk, a walnut and blueberries, eaten as a cold cereal. But on weekends we splurge a bit and yesterday I made a mushroom French omelet with two eggs. Just enough for two

(ChristinaM) #533

I got a jar of the huevos rancheros sauce to try - have you had either yet?

(Dan) #534

Not yet. Thanks for reminding me. I did make a green eggs and ham version recently. Spinach.

Sunday is always a good excuse to make something more interesting and delicious than during the week.

I had a garlic studded loaf that the local Publix makes.

Buttered toast points with slow scrambled (creamy) eggs with sauted mushrooms and baby spinach

(saregama) #536

Oh YUM!

(Dan) #537

I topped the leftover french bean soup from yesterdays dinner with diced avocado, fresco and crumbled chips and enjoyed it repurposed for breakfast.

(saregama) #538

South Indian breakfast today courtesy my friends who made it - idli (steamed rice cakes) and coconut chutney. A treat!