What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

I want my Maypo!! Remember the commercials but never had it.

2 Likes

My brother loved Maypo when he was a kid. I thought it was gross!

2 Likes

More of guilty pleasure because it comes together in seconds when I don’t want to wait for oatmeal to cook. I can only find it in one grocer and the price has tripled in 50 yrs. :bowl_with_spoon:

Same, but sister

So do I with a dollop of butter and a dash of salt!

1 Like

Off to enjoy a birthday breakfast!

5 Likes

:tada: Good for you, Phreddy!

1 Like

Happy Birthday!! All the best.

2 Likes

Far from exciting but our run of the mill breakfast is 1/2 cup of dry roll oats with 1/2 cup of almond milk, a walnut and blueberries, eaten as a cold cereal. But on weekends we splurge a bit and yesterday I made a mushroom French omelet with two eggs. Just enough for two

1 Like

I got a jar of the huevos rancheros sauce to try - have you had either yet?

Not yet. Thanks for reminding me. I did make a green eggs and ham version recently. Spinach.

1 Like

Sunday is always a good excuse to make something more interesting and delicious than during the week.

I had a garlic studded loaf that the local Publix makes.

Buttered toast points with slow scrambled (creamy) eggs with sauted mushrooms and baby spinach

9 Likes

Oh YUM!

I topped the leftover french bean soup from yesterdays dinner with diced avocado, fresco and crumbled chips and enjoyed it repurposed for breakfast.

2 Likes

South Indian breakfast today courtesy my friends who made it - idli (steamed rice cakes) and coconut chutney. A treat!

9 Likes

We had leftover baguette, so at my husband’s request I made a breakfast strata with chicken breakfast sausage, spinach, and Swiss cheese. Excited to have some…

13 Likes

Looks delish… I just came back from the French bakery with a fresh baguette…So I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow to use my baguette as it will be then" left over" from today.
I assume the usual suspects in the Strata, what you mention, eggs, butter, s&p….anything else?

Thanks. I minced half an onion and steamed it with a pat of butter and the fresh chopped spinach in the microwave. The liquid component was 1 can evaporated milk: 10 eggs.

2 Likes

Thank you!

I see this isn’t a terribly active thread but here’s our breakfast.

The foie ‘jus’ from last night with some butter for frying the eggs, sausage patties, tater tots and leftover country gravy that we brought back from Christmas in Seattle.

4 Likes