What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

Wow, gorgeous! If you opened a B&B,L&D I would move in indefinitely! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thank you! Are you sure you are not one of my in-laws in disguise (that bit about “indefinitely”)…?

3 Likes

Fine. I’ll content myself with a long weekend :pleading_face:

3 Likes

Thank you!

Potato cakes with sockeye salmon and scallions. Served with a Meyer lemon sauce.

16 Likes

Grilled Gouda sandwich and a fried egg, chased by a couple dark chocolate McVitie’s digestive cookies and a couple thin Oreos and now I need a nap.

I guess I’ll eat some vegetables tonight :joy:

8 Likes

You must get up early in the morning and have several cups of coffee before making breakfast.

There’s no way I would be lucid enough in the morning to make perfect dollops like that and get the aim right to hit them spot-on center on each spud cake.

Well done.

8 Likes

Lol - thank you!

I mutter that to myself on occasion.

3 Likes

Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies for 2nd breakfast, as per Hobbit meals list: “Hobbits themselves eat around six or seven meals a day, which include: Breakfast, Second Breakfast, Elevenses, Luncheon, Afternoon Tea, Dinner, Supper as well as multiple snacks.”

I put 1/3 C. chopped walnuts in mine, no raisins, and after baking drizzle-frosted them with some cream cheese frosting since they were not sweet enough for our taste. The Acre Homestead video blogger, Becca, who featured this recipe added cinnamon and vanilla to her batch, and I plan to do that next time. And perhaps also add dried cranberries/craisins. These measured out easily using a level 1/3 C. measure per cookie, which I flattened to about 3/4 inch tall before baking.

6 Likes

Gotta use up all that caviar and creme fraiche. #problemsthatarenotreallyproblems

eggs

13 Likes

Bacon, tomato and feta omelet and a side of English muffin for breakfast.

12 Likes

Eggs to order. Leftover smashed potatoes, mashed up with minced scallions and fried in bacon fat. Buttered toast with pumpkin jam.

12 Likes

Nothing quite like the smell of fried bacon fat in the morning …

5 Likes

A store-bought pumpkin cranberry muffin. Better than muffins. Lol. Farm Boy.

I guess these would be close. My FarmBoy muffins contain pepitas and no cinnamon chips.

5 Likes

This is my all-time favorite: https://www.washingtonpost.com/recipes/evs-pumpkin-bread/7248/

I make 2/3 a recipe (but with 2 eggs, and use light brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice). It’s ridiculously good. 2/3 is the perfect size for my long loaf pan.

4 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Consolation prize for when there is no bacon. :crying_cat_face:

1 Like

What are the dimensions of your long loaf pan?

Wilton Recipe Right Non-Stick Long Loaf Pans - Long Baking Pans for Homemade Bread and Sandwiches, Bake More Bread to Share with This 2-Piece Set, Steel, 12 x 4.5-Inch https://a.co/d/8stmtks

3 Likes