What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

Shirred eggs over crisped Serrano ham, in cream, a little thyme, topped with Parmesan. Couldn’t put down the fork in time to take a photo, sorry…

1 Like

These are a special treat…chocolate croissants from Trader Joes. They arrive as small frozen pastries, then proof overnight for 9 hours during which period they blow up about 3X original size:

Then bake to a golden brown and serve hot with extra butter on top if you are me. Also available in almond and plain.

8 Likes

I should have taken a pic- Eggs benny with serious eats hollandaise, sautéed spinach with onions and garlic instead of ham on toast rounds. Bacon done in the oven on a flat cast iron skillet. Side dish of red grapes.

1 Like

Have a beautiful day. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Made DH pancakes for breakfast.

4 Likes

Road trip breakfast in the car, packed a basket at 6 a.m. San Diego bound.

!

Italian combo sandwich for the driver.

Tomato salad with shiso (David Chang vinaigrette) in the back seat for me.

7 Likes

First time making scotch eggs! Success!!

8 Likes

A gift from our new neighbors … I let out a bit of a screamed a little when I
first opened the carton … 'twas just a feather
So darn good

5 Likes

I’m in Kuching (Malaysian Borneo) at the mo. Took part in a bamboo raft race an hour outside Kuching and a lovely family gave me some babur cha cha. This is a dessert made from coconut milk and purple yam. Also has tapioca balls and pieces of sweet potato.

Picked up a soursop at a local market. I love soursop drinks and ice cream, never had it as a fresh fruit though. One of my more unusual breakfasts.

4 Likes

We’re meeting friends from back home who are in town for 2 weeks at the Thaipark. The weather is fantastic for it. I foresee noodle soup, mango salad w/roast duck and perhaps a few new dishes to try out :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Bamie Goreng with a fried egg.

3 Likes

Blueberries were downright cheap at the local grocery store, so it was blueberry cobbler for our Sunday feast. It’s one of my husband’s favorite blueberry preps. Should have added a bit more cornstarch, but it was tasty with a small scoop of vanilla Haagen Dazs on the side.

5 Likes

love plantains cooked different ways.
fried, rolled in brown sugar , skewered, then roasted over charcoal, wrapped in thin spring roll skin, perhaps macapuno between and pan fried, cooked in coconut milk!

1 Like

Breakfast with Wimbledon called for biscuits (shortbread) and jam. Since the dogs were up at 4:00 a.m. there was plenty of time to bake. We made a quick shortbread and served it with honey peach bourbon jam I made last weekend. The jam has a touch of thyme in it too. It was delicious.

This guy could not keep his head up during breakfast. Gee, maybe sleep past 4. :sleeping:

5 Likes

Lovely!

lol … Eye spy :eye:
Those biscuits!!!
Re the early morning wake up calls … and being asleep before the humans have finished washing the dishes, I feel your pain. We recently moved into a house and in less than 2 weeks my domesticated cat has become nothing short of a wild animal … just crazy
pictured here after waking us at the crack of dawn, minutes after finishing her breakfast after a long fruitless night of indoor hunting, what I don’t know and don’t want to?
exhaustion

4 Likes

Steak hash with fried eggs, hp sauce, and rye toast:

5 Likes

I further see your sleeping cat, and raise you one:

3 Likes

Simple fried egg over easy with a side of roasted red and yellow beet cubes

2 Likes

I got my first figs of the season, so that’s what’s for breakfast (and lunch and dinner too, probably. :yum:)

Toasted ciabatta with fresh brown Turkish figs, prosciutto, and rosemary. I added blue cheese, but it was too overpowering, so I took it off after tasting.

6 Likes