What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

tenor-44089880

2 Likes

Who’s awesome??

DA WIFE!!!

Me? I’m just the enabler. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:heart:
I’ve been combining melted cheddar or gruyere with maple syrup or plum jam on toast lately.

1 Like

You’re inspiring me to go get a Japanese breakfast to-go from a Japanese brunch spot this morning. It isn’t quite the same, but it might do the trick.

I’m really really glad I was able to visit Japan in 2020.
My regret is that I only had one traditional Japanese breakfast on the trip. My first week was at a ski resort that had a buffet breakfast, which had a couple Japanese items that I tried. My other days, I was at a big hotel in Shinjuku, that didn’t include breakfast, and I grabbed a bite on the go.

My traditional breakfast was included at my hotel in Kyoto. I was the only person in the room at the time, and in retrospect, it was quite a surreal experience.

8 Likes

I normally abstain from hotel breakfasts, even included in the fare. But. Asian breakfast buffets are worth staying in-house!! Sometimes.

5 Likes

Hotel breakfasts are fantastic at some 4 star hotels in Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Italy and Greece. Some of my favourite travel memories. I also love the hotel breakfasts in Ireland and the UK.

I mostly do breakfast at the hotel when I stay at small independent hotels.

I think hotel breakfasts could have their own thread. I can’t travel these days, so I won’t start the thread!

I have one photo my first of 6 hotel buffet breakfasts at a 3 star hotel in Hakuba in January 2020. [Hakuba, Japan] lunch and dinner - #2 by Phoenikia

5 Likes

I LOVE the Boss CafeAu Lait!!! Now 140¥ from vending machine. 132¥ from a 7/11 today. Nice pick me up on our walks.

4 Likes

Price may vary depending on the location of the vending machines? This was taken at a ski resort, so the price may be higher!

I’ll check the price here in Toronto when I see a Boss coffee.

1 Like

Damn, that yolk is calling to me.

1 Like

I think that yolk is crawling towards you, too.

2 Likes

Emmer Bakery’s burger for breakfast in Toronto

e

10 Likes

Whaddaya call that; a burger with a tail? Looks yummy!

2 Likes

Croque Madame

15 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Take-out dim sum, shrimp and chive, ham sui gok and omelette rice flour roll, from Wok Theory on Dundas near Spadina in Toronto’s Chinatown.

9 Likes

Egg bake - prepared while waiting patiently for our (total of four - edit make that nine) trick-or-treat kids from the block.

11 Likes

More Miralax and Gatorade for breakfast. I’d rather have a breakfast enchilada from Loula’s. Looking foward to real food atp.

6 Likes

Cold-smoked silver salmon on toasted onion bread. Cream cheese for me; butter for him. 1 minute soft-boiled eggs. Marinated mushrooms from a jar.

12 Likes

ONE minute soft-boiled eggs? Do you have a turbo egg cooker or some magic pot?

Also, do you cold-smoke the salmon yourself on the BGE?

Re. the boiled eggs: I mean that - starting with eggs in room temperature water and eggs - once the water hits a roiling boil, I leave the eggs in for 1 minute more. My apologies if I confused … :blush:

This is a home-smoked salmon.

I’ve attached a photo of a prior BGE smoke. This was done on the large BGE and using the A-maze-n tube smoker accessory and pellets.

We have since upgraded to a Bradley smoker with cold smoke attachment. We were always happy with the quality of our product on the BGE, it just didn’t hold enough for us. We can do 6+ filets in the Bradley.

7 Likes