What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

We clearly have hobbits among us. Two breakfasts, morning naps, etc. Wish I could …

7 Likes

This is technically brunch - black bean and cheese enchilada casserole. Used some homemade roasted tomato and habanero salsa, along with sour cream to top.

12 Likes

+1 to that action. I eat pancakes maybe 2x per year. The rest is all egg love or biscuits and gravy, with an egg (sunny) on top.

Not anymore! Looks like a dang fine breakfast. Maybe egg salad on the side. :wink:

Frozen Veselka potato pierogi, Nueske’s kielbasa, cheesy scrambled eggs. Nap soon.

11 Likes

Breakfast tacos. Deets on the DOTQ taco thread.

8 Likes

2 “farm-fresh” eggs (they’re local, at least) scrambled with a couple dots of cream cheese & dill. Cold-smoked salmon and intense horseradish on the side :slight_smile:

9 Likes

A local market sells what they call Atomic Pure White horseradish (sounds like a drug). I tried it, but it was way too hot for me! My SIL loves it though.

1 Like

couldn’t resist the value of the big one !

2 Likes

Guess it’s not too hot for you.

Rolled oats.

2 Likes

I checked and it’s just Inglehoffer cream-style, but it’s my favorite these days. Don’t think I’ve seen the Atomic anywhere (@chienrouge’s on the west coast, I believe).

I just looked this up and I bet it’s the same stuff that I bought at Mollie Stone’s. I noticed that parsnips are used in what I bought, and parsnips are used in what you bought. I’ve never seen that before. I bet Mollie Stone’s buys and repackages it.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Always a fave :two_hearts:

Cappuccino and a slightly unconventional Croque Monsieur from a favourite bakery near my apartment.

2 Likes

Half a chicken doner and a Vietnamese coffee this morning. I need to cut back on cheap take-out Middle Eastern/Turkish food in 2023. I’m so bloated from the salt. After a month of mostly home-cooked meals and maybe 2 upscale takeout meals over the holidays, then relatively cheap Hakka Chinese take-out Wed, relatively cheap Fish & Chips Fri, higher quality Dutch Indonesian takeout Sat, a relatively cheap take-out 1/2 doner last night (chased with fruit salad) and remaining 1/2 doner this morning, I’ve noticed how much more bloated I am after cheaper take-out (not because of the lower cost, because of the heavier hand with the salt or condiments)

3 Likes

Crepes this morning, very tender as I used einkorn flour. Spread with a thin slick of lemon curd and a row of raspberries. I zapped them for thirty seconds, topped with a dollop of curd and additional raspberries.

12 Likes

Panettone this morning

3 Likes

Egg in a hole using sunflower rye bread, with chili crisp and a little Irish cheddar.

7 Likes