What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

Beef Caldereta with Olives and Raisins

8 Likes

I had to look up beef Caldereta. The recipes sound good and your version looks delicious.

2 Likes

Since we couldn’t dine out we decided to celebrate our 9th anniversary by dining al fresco on our deck from takeout from De Novo in Montclair. Owner Dimitri is very admirably donating 100% of his proceeds to his employees. If were to get married today we would request toilet paper and paper towels on our wedding registry :grinning: Below is a link to the details and pictures.

3 Likes

Costco had a great special on Monkfish ( filleted)… 6.99 lb with $ 4 off at register this morning
Need simple suggestions to cook …simplest ingredients

Was thinking butter both sides with dried herbs and in the broiler

Looking for any recommendations to make this good??

@MsBean is well-verse on cooking fish! Hopefully she can help

I don’t have any specific monkfish recipes. Just keep in mind that the cooked texture is more like lobster or scallops rather than like a flaky fillet. You also probably want to make sure you cook it thru rather than serve seared a la tuna or salmon. Roasting and poaching are good ways to cook monkfish as the heat tends to less intense than broiling (though broiling is very poplar)

Good luck

2 Likes

Used this

Wish me luck!

3 Likes

Good Luck!!!

The first time I ever ar monkfish I got the flu the same night. For a day and a half monkfish came up. I could never eat it again.

Nice score! I just called to see if hazlet had any… no answer in the meat dept.

Which one did you go to?

Cooked some Japanese curry from the comfort of quarantine here in Colombia.

8 Likes

Vermont or S & B? I prefer S & B extra hot.

Marlboro Costco …meat and fish well stocked in mornings

So good to hear from you. I hope you are doing well. I still refer to your wonderful reviews when tryig to decode where to go to eat.

Good to see you, @goodparmesan!

I would imagine life in Colombia is humming along as usual, but if not I’d be curious as to what the official posture is re: flattening the curve. Where in Colombia?

1 Like

Colombia has been on pretty serious lock down to flatten the curve since last week. No one allowed outside without exception to shop, pay bills, or walk dog. Currently I believe there are 600 cases countrywide, the majority in Bogotá. All land, sea, air borders closed. Most state borders shut. I am located 3 hours north of the capital in the countryside, in Tunja.

3 Likes

glad to see you back in these parts sir. Hope you’re doing well.

Looking forward to some serious reviews again soon!

Nice to see a goodparmesan post.
Here are some Salchipapas in your honor

6 Likes

From Elizabeth NJ to Tunja Colombia. I would like to read your book someday.

1 Like