What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

Good to know. Parking in that area is such a problem. Thanks again

1 Like

My kitchen. Peruvian girlfriend who loves to cook. Can hardly cook anymore myself as she won’t let me into the kitchen!

5 Likes

Would she be willing to share the basics of her ceviche? I know Peruvians keep that stuff on lock down but I am unclear what gets blended together and what gets chopped and put in with the fish.

Little riff on veal milanese with local caught blackfish (tautog). Arugula and fennel salad

10 Likes

That looks awesome. Nicely done

2 Likes

Costco is having their big Dungeness crab and Alaskan King crab legs sale for the next 5 days. Mrs. P bought 8 of each. They are already cooked and frozen, so we were able to vacuum seal them. Tonight we had 1 each for dinner and a corn salad on the side. Pictures in the link below.

3 Likes

Wow on the crab !

1 Like

Small pot of Texas Red - no beans!

Strong chipotle component to my recipe that goes great with some yellow rice.

2 Likes

Soul Kitchen is featured on CBS This Morning right now. Bon Jovi may be opening up another location for his brilliant idea.

2 Likes

Correction-It’s Sunday Morning, not This Morning.

I am up for a second HoDown at the new location!

1 Like

Did you ever have to cook a Thanksgiving feast for 30 people when your stomach was upset?

I can’t believe I made it through the night.

UUUUUGH. Hope you’re feeling better soon so you can enjoy the leftovers!

We had an unconventional Thanksgiving. Details and pictures in the link below.

2 Likes

I did too… INDIAN FOOD! Goat Rohan Josh.
We’re having TDay tomorrow :grin:

1 Like

That sounds awesome! A friend invited us to Thanksgiving dinner tonight. He is a chef and likes to make fried turkey. I’ve never tried fried turkey and am hoping he has some tonight.

2 Likes

Have a lovely holiday weekend.

We do not eat “Feathered game” or “poultry” however, we were invited by a Publisher friend to a restaurant which was serving a Thanksgiving with a selection for vegetarians, traditional Thanksgiving full lunch, vegan offerings and their regular Spanish Menu of the day.

It was very lovely. Had the catch of the day which was a stunner baked fish, traditional style – a wild rock fish called Urta Roteña, and in English, A Red Banded Rock Bream.

Was amazingly extraordinary on a bed of Galician Cachuelas, a very creamy Ivory colored potato with strips of roasted red peppers, Evoo, White Wine, a tiny bit of garlic, fresh parsley and fresh basil, and fresh time, lemon, leek and red ripe tomatoes.

All our best to those celebrating Thanksgiving ( We call it Dia de Gracias).

2 Likes

I fried three turkeys yesterday, excellent stuff

3 Likes

Where was this?? Sounds delicious

1 Like

Today is leftovers day! Started off with a sausage stuffing frittata and fried tomatoes. Tonight will be a turkey sandwich.

2 Likes