What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

Love makes everything taste good.

Would you mind sharing your source? Is something open to the public?

1 Like

Did some grilling recently, but also got tired of looking at the Boneless Short Ribs in the freezer. Red Wine, Carrot, Celery, Onion, Tomato Paste, Chicken Stock, Spices.
Always in season.

5 Likes

Fries anyone?

6 Likes

Had some Iberico Lomo Striploin so tried it as Chicharron and Tonkatsu. Need some more fat for Chicharron but still tasty. Next time with the Cabacero Collar. Tonkatsu very good with some beefsteak tomato and onions.

4 Likes

Night Grilling

Chicken Thighs and Iberico Pork Rack.

5 Likes

Veal hearts?!??! Where did you get that?

I made some Korean style boiled veal breast along with beef tendon the other day. Served with Korean style spicy cold soba. Fantastic in the summer. Boiled meets gets a bad rap around these parts but when it’s done right it’s delectable.

8 Likes

I probably eat more pork than I should.
Iberico Secreto and Berkshire Bacon.

6 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

So fancy! Where do you score these things?

Work for a specialty meats and seafood importer/distributor. The best part is that I order and they deliver right to the office. Always willing to share with HOs.
Saw Outside Skirt at Shoprite today almost $30 per lb. NZ Angus Skirt is up to $12.95 lb to retail users. We sell Irish Nature Beef Skirt for $8.95 lb. US market is up on a lot of cuts.

1 Like

Yesterday, our July 4th celebration meal was tradtional for us. Hebrew National franks topped with mustard and sour kraut. Sides were Busch’s baked beans and homemade cole slaw.

Details and photos on my blogpost: At Home 2024: July 4th | The Wizard of Roz (wordpress.com)

Umm… so is there a catalog or something? :smiley:

3 Likes

Consumer site is www.marxfoods.com
Great for photos and descriptions. Prices for consumers so disregard. Message me if you like.

3 Likes

Not the weekend I planned but the weekend I got.
Wanted to finish off the weekend right so cooked what I had planned anyway. Glad I did.
Pomodoro to use during the week.
Collard Greens with Berkshire Smoked Ham and Bacon.
Pasta with leftover pork and Gochugaru Garlic Cream Sauce for tonight.
Yum.

9 Likes

Had some Iberico Pluma de Bellota, pork end loin finished exclusively on acorns. Very rich cut. GF would have removed all this delicious fat but I took the reins tonight. With mashed and garlic paprika sauce.

5 Likes

Isn’t anybody else cooking? Oh well.
Iberico Pork Rack and Boneless Rib Fingers.
Nice after a day at the beach.

8 Likes

I’m about to ask for an invite .

1 Like

Join us in the WFD thread