What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

Mmm, shrimp on the Barbie. I finished chicken yesterday over hickory wood, notJR instructed me how to best prepare a ton of chicken that we were bringing to a barn party … the result was fabulous

4 Likes

8ff47a4115d6493d47bec405cfb9d7165cba0472925f4c9f8799ba74f5da6bc5

2 Likes

lol :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I’m glad you got the joke🤩 shrimp on the barbie kick ass!

I am trying to think of one thing hickory can’t make better

2 Likes

Couldn’t make up our minds between seafood and Indian, so I made a korma with scallops (also on sale at Shop Rite along with lobster this week) and baby shrimp. Served with naan and basmati rice.

6 Likes
1 Like

Skirt steak with grilled pineapple, peppers, onions, and mushrooms. Side of couscous. A great summer night meal.

5 Likes

Homemade buffalo chicken pizza with bleu cheese crumbles and wheat crust.

4 Likes

We had another excellent dinner at Mezza in Westwood, NJ. Below is a link to the details and mouth watering pictures in the main WFD thread.

Had all 3 kids home and their significants.

Beautiful day to grill

Grilled octopus- bought pretty fresh and tenderized from
Octopus’ Garden - Brooklyn
Grilled Flank
Grilled veggies
Wine from a vineyard my daughter bought back from college in Ithaca

12 Likes

That’s awesome! Hope you enjoyed the food as well as the company!

2 Likes

So is anyone cooking today? We have some food lined up and just polished off an early morning grilled kielbasa :slight_smile:

This behemoth started off life as a 12+ lb brisket last night. Time for Baby Barky to rest for a few hours until we eat him later on. Happy 4th of July to all!

6 Likes

Lobster rolls on tap for tonight.

1 Like

Double Hebrew National Dogs with Garlic Mayo, Jalapeño, Red Onion and Parsley on Calandra Roll. Jalapeño and Parsley from the garden. I have come a long way with Dogs since the Gulden Days.

5 Likes

Lobster rolls prepared with butter, a tiny bit of mayo, salt, pepper, pinch of paprika, and a scallion garnish. Served on split-top brioche rolls with roasted garlic potatoes and grilled asparagus. Happy 4th, everyone!

5 Likes

Nice job Greg!

I’m just relaxing. Dinner looks awesome!

4 Likes

Below is a link to the details and pjctures of Mrs. P’s fabulous July 4th dinner.

2 Likes

Nice Greg. Do you cook lobster yourself or buy already cooked?

1 Like

Nice CJ. Where’s that view from?