What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

You should have made a Mc Rib!! All the cool kids are doing it this year.

3 Likes

Vegetables were used in making the sauce

2 Likes

First time for us attempting a version of Christmas Eve. Usually it is a travel day to my aunt’s and we contribute our traditional Siciilian spinach 'mpanata and the fig cookes. We didn’t do everything my aunt does but we hit the main dishes that are family favorites. Baked clams, our first attempt, were too bready but that didn’t stop them all from getting eaten. Octopus, I bought the precooked product, and I was surprised how tender and tasty it is. Score. Made a nice salad. Calamari marinara was great, picture sucks. Bad pic of the u8 shrimp as well. Interesting story there, as a kid you assume a lot. Going to grandmas house meant “Italian food” but it turns out the shrimp recipe came from a cousin who settled in Lawrence MA and served this dish in their restaurant. Now I can’t not see typical New England style seafood when this dish comes out. (stuffed with white bread cubed, butter, sherry and garlic) Anyway Merry Christmas to all, today will be leftovers and takeout :smiley:

10 Likes

We had an excellent charcuterie dinner mainly courtesy of D’Artagnan. Details and pictures are in the main WFD thread below.

4 Likes

The start of the annual turkey and andouille gumbo.
Stock being made from the fried turkey carcass

9 Likes

We enjoyed another excellent socially distanced dinner at our friends’ home. Details and pictures are in the main WFD thread below.

3 Likes

Grand fan of escargot !!

Same to you and all our best wishes.

My my ! Foodies absolutely. I see you had a feast !

Thank you for replying.

1 Like

The last Monday of 2020… finally :pray:t2: prepared all morning , slicing and dicing, then simmering an all organic combo of beef , pork, veal and veggie heavy bolognese ! Super delish and “cozy” . Happy Monday y’all .

16 Likes

Finally 2021, and time for … sou vide?

I watched a few videos about sou vide chicken breasts. Half said they come out lousy and half said they were the juiciest ever. So I bought the jumbo pack this morning at 6 am at Wegmans ( sidebar - hardly anybody in the store!) I made three separate vacuum sealed bags of two breasts each and went to work.

I followed the middle road and set it at 140 F for 3 hours. Unfortunately, one bag wasn’t fully sealed, so chicken soup. But I soldiered on with the four remaining breasts. A quick pan sear later and I was ready to eat.

These came out moist and delicious. Oh, and I went with only the Penzy’s Tsardust seasoning.

8 Likes

Looks amazing!!

1 Like

I thought, “Irish guacamole?“ And realized you mean mashed potatoes! :rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Inspired by @gcaggiano dinner the other week Mrs. P made bacon, apple, and bleu cheese stuffed pork chop. Pictures and details in the main WFD thread below.
What's For Dinner #65 - the Brand New New Year's Edition - January 2021 - #312 by paryzer

5 Likes

Mrs. P made a coffee rubbed duck breast. Details and pictures in the main WFD thread.

2 Likes

A mashup I call “My Italian Aunt Climbing a Tree”

Spaghetti with Porky Chinese Hot Sauce

10 Likes

Mrs. P made penne pasta with smoked salmon. Below are details and pictures in the main WFD thread.

2 Likes

Exceptionally lovely Penne Rigate Pasta …
Have a wonderful weekend.

1 Like

Thank you @Barca!
Enjoy your weekend as well!

1 Like

Same to you …
Thank you Paryzer.

1 Like

Saturday Brunch … Zucchine, Chèvre whole meal ecological flour crepés …

(CATALOGUE PROJECT)

8 Likes

Leche de Tigre Ceviche (Red Snapper)

9 Likes