What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

Very nice folding job on those dumplings!

3 Likes

Thank you! The first couple (especially last time) were a little rocky, but the more I did it, the faster/better I was. The stickiness of the wraps also helped.

2 Likes

I would legit order these at a restaurant if I saw them there- they look amazing…well done…

3 Likes

Mrs. P made a delicious kabocha squash soup with shrimp. Details and pictures are in the main WFD link below.

2 Likes

Last night’s Shrimp Ceviche, Pisco Sours and GF knickknacks

Tonight’s Wings with Pico, Guac and Papa Huancaina

11 Likes

Below is a link to our Valentine’s Day dinner in the main WFD thread.

2 Likes

My friend sent me this and it either looks delicious or I have mean case of the munchies!

Pecan smoked beef with some homemade slaw and guacamole.

9 Likes

Ever since eating those amazing kalbi at The Galley I’ve been thinking about making some. For family reasons I ended up making fajitas with the skirt steak:

and kalbi wings with a gojujang dipping sauce:

7 Likes

Our friend invited us over for a sensational International feast :yum:
Below is a link to the details and mouth watering pictures in the main WFD thread.

2 Likes

what a friend!!

1 Like

Yes, we are relay blessed to have such a talented cook, with an amazing wine cellar, as a friend.

2 Likes

Tonight we will be enjoying Silken Tofu with Wood Ear and Morels:

Served with Jasmine rice infused with Meyer lemon:

7 Likes

Made Vietnamese Shrimp Patties to go with the leftover rice from yesterday. The first time I made this dish I went the traditional route and bought sugarcane to mold the patties around. I’m an idiot and I forgot to account for the added mass in my frying and the part next to the sugarcane went uncooked! :crazy_face:
So, ever since then I’ve just made burger-sized patties. Of course, they are usually wrapped in butter lettuce leaves and dipped in a sauce that is equal parts lime juice, fish sauce, and sugar:

7 Likes

Mrs. P made an awesome arugula salad with grilled shrimp and fennel. Details and pictures are in the main WFD thread.

2 Likes

As my grandma would say; “a little Italian penicillin” can help keep you strong against the coronavirus!!

14 Likes

Jeez that looks damn tasty! On the topic, what’s everyone’s grated cheese of choice?

2 Likes

Usually Pecorino Romano. We keep a health supply on hand. Sometimes, Parmesan, which I buy in chunk form and grate myself.

1 Like

We’re ALL coming to your house, Jr!

1 Like

Pecorino Romano, Locatelli brand of I can find it. Grana Podano is good too. I love parmigiano Reggiano, but it’s $$$$ and so good to eat I find it a waste to grate. If I have that in the house I just eat it with a bit of balsamic and some olives and call it a day

3 Likes

We like fresh grated parmigiano reggiano. We buy it in big chunks, but it can be a little expensive (but worth it).

1 Like