What’s for Dinner #52 - the Continuous Feasts Edition- December 2019

Spot on, @Presunto. I reduce the “sauce” before adding the sour cream and pouring it over the browned chicken. Oh…and I usually keep the mushrooms the same amount as in the original recipe. Because I like the shroomy-oniony sauce.

3 Likes

Looks fabulous. I grew and dried Szegedi sweet peppers this summer, and have been meaning to make this dish to use some of the excellent paprika they made. Thanks for the reminder!

4 Likes

Tons of traffic on the street due to the general strike started last Thursday. It took us twice the time to go to the place to see an exhibition. On our way back, we were hungry and popped into the first place we saw a bit more decent, we briefly checked on phone before entering: a hipster ramen place according to critics of le Figaro, but it got ok comments. Hipsters or not, we entered.

Shoyu ramen with yuzu

Spicy miso ramen

We were wondering the meaning of hipster in this case. Music was hip-hop and loud, food portion was minuscule. Soup was ok and less fatty than the more traditional places. We left the place slightly hungry. Back home, we finished our meal with a portion of limoncello panettone.

14 Likes

Thanks! I thought it might be something like that. I made chicken paprikash recently after not having made it for years. It turned out really well. One thing I did was serve the sour cream on the side so I didn’t have to worry about heating it too much. Didn’t hear any complaints!

2 Likes

I just change my 5 liter barrel over from Old Fashioned’s to Manhattan’s They should only get better over the next few months . It was time for a change

5 Likes

I have a chicken spit in two which is marinating at the moment. I suspect the grill will be the cooking method.

The kids declined our offer for dinner, so no pressure. I can do “what I damn well please” as my wife informed me. Smoker or grill? Or combo of each which is where it maybe going.

3 Likes

Thanks! I love these little pans.

The cake actually domed a bit, but I shaved it off and inverted it for the pretty pattern on the bottom to be seen.

Five liters of cocktails?

1 Like

Now that would excessive. 3 oz to test the blend was appropriate

Ok 6

1 Like

It was a 5 liter barrel

1 Like

Not dinner but wanted to share pictures from a glorious brunch my friend hosted today.

Four-cheese scrambled eggs with bacon over a bed of steamed kale (a surprisingly wonderful combination), sausage, fried potatoes, asparagus with Hollandaise, and sauteed tomatoes. On the side were rolls with butter, whiskey-laced apricot marmalade, and pepper jam. Delicious! Dessert was pumpkin pie. And there were Mimosas.

15 Likes

Quickie fridge/freezer dive - grilled turkey kielbasa, last dregs of Sauerkraut, creamed spinach and kale, and chicken pelmeni.

15 Likes

“No way coming out of the pan” artichoke/grilled onion/cheese frittata

With baby portobello mushroom salad

15 Likes

Tonight husband (who is not a fan of olives) is traveling, so the kids and I decided to try a few things we knew we’d enjoy more than he would. We made the hot cheese olives (cheese puff crusted green olives) from the NYTimes, followed by Vinegar chicken with crushed olive dressing (Allison Roman recipe also NYT), served with roasted new potatoes, crispy brussel sprouts and asparagus. The meal was a total hit. Going in the rotation for sure.

16 Likes

Rock cod cooked in butter. Rice , sauteed vegetables , and pickled red cabbage. Wine to drink.Cheers

12 Likes

looks fabulous!

2 Likes

I had picked up what I thought were two turkey thighs after thxgiving from a local butcher but instead he gave me a thigh and a leg (also a wing but that’s still in the freezer.) Roasted the leg/thigh with Old Bay and Slap Ya Mama cajun seasoning blended into butter and slipped under the skin/rubbed all over. We ate most of the thigh. I made gravy with the drippings - used milk because I didn’t want to defrost chicken broth for such a small amount. It kinda separated, as you can see, but it tasted great. rolled crash-hots in the gravy, wedge salad with Marie’s blue cheese. basic but tasty.

turkey%20taters%20gravy%20wedge2

18 Likes

that is just gorgeous! love a good olive oil cake.

2 Likes

I’m trying this.

1 Like