What’s for Dinner #52 - the Continuous Feasts Edition- December 2019

I only eat raw, big, and must be peeled, from home grown carrots from my parents garden.

Never baby or in plastic and never tiny (those are false carrots ) …

2 Likes

I buy them most of the time as it is convenient for my Wolfie .Luna does not eat that. My son tried to grow carrot this past summer. He came up with a very beautiful purple one. It was so small that we just left it on the counter to appreciate as it was quite different.

3 Likes

Kind of a long day, with some major emotions.

Stopped at Wegmans on the way home from my sister’s and picked up dinner for tonight (and tomorrow).

Scallops in Saffron Cream Sauce, toasted Israeli couscous and steamed green beans.

There was wine.

Tomorrow will be a stay-at-home day.

16 Likes

Asparagus

“Hamburger” and smashed potato with blue cheese

12 Likes

We had another awesome dinner at Drew’s in Keyport, NJ. Below is a link to details and pictures for those that are interested.

5 Likes

Beef rolled with asparagus and provolone. No after-pic but you get the idea.

20191228_182031

11 Likes

Looks so much better than chicken too! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Curious, these are fresh asparagus? Very early spring ones? or imported?

I need to wait for May to have the green local ones, the whites come earlier.

Eating leftovers from ingredients from the Xmas meals…

Chanterelles, Bresse capon leg and fried potatoes

Veal tartare with smoked haddock, marines with soy sauce, wasabi, spicy yuzu sauce, black sesame, chili, chives, and a infused haddock cream. Crispy fish skin. The recipe asked for smoked eel.

Wild salmon cooked in browned butter, beetroot purée with balsamic vinegar and salad with hazelnut oil.

12 Likes

A few more days to vote for the next Cuisine of the Quarter!!

Imported. On sale at Grocery Outlet.

Hats off! Sounds (and looks) delicious!!! One of my close friends is very good friends with a pair of chefs. Like they send them a menu before the come for the weekend. I’m always nervous by proxy when my friend hosts ha!

1 Like

We are in that weird time of year. We are all off from work and school. No real agenda or solid plans for several days. I’m cooking oddly and making 468275 trips to the grocery store. Tonight I made crab cakes, sweet potato fries and sauteed broccoli. No pics of course. We are going away for a few days for Nye. I have packed up half my kitchen to make pancakes and tacos! :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Fruit and soup dinner after long drive home

Classic French 3 veg soup: choose three veg, simmer until tender n water or broth, puree. Add butter or cream as your conscience allows.

10 Likes

Last dinner with friends. We made chicken and lamb shawarma with cucumber-yogurt turmeric sauce, “Halal cart chicken” white sauce (AKA Alabama white bbq sauce), yellow rice with carrots, and various chopped veggies and hot sauces. I made a riff on Melissa Clark’s IP red lentil soup, too.

18 Likes

Friends made Finnish cardamom bread for dessert

16 Likes

Happy holidays all! I stepped away for awhile, and it was a lovely thing not to have the computer as my old ball and chain for a bit. But now I’m back :slight_smile: Today was numnum meatloaf and roasted brussels and roasted purple sweet potatoes. Meatloaf gets an undeserved bad rap!

16 Likes

Be still my bread loving heart.

1 Like

those are stunning! i don’t know why i’ve always been daunted by the thought of making gougeres…

sorry it was a tough day, dear… none of it is easy.

but your scallops look UH-MAZING!

1 Like