What’s For Dinner #42 - 2/2019 - the Hearts & Flowers & Brrrr-Chilly Winter Edition

Right now the house smells delicious from the smell of ro

Roasted turkey parts!

9 Likes

Smoked buffalo chicken wings (I had 5) and Asian slaw with oranges.

14 Likes

Duck breast with ginger sauce, vegetables confits and persil purée with hazelnuts. The photo doesn’t do justice to this dish, it was fabulous, the best I have made for a while. Ginger overnight with wine and chicken broth, cooked until syrup consistence. Carrot and radish confit cooked with chicken broth until all liquid evaporated. Hazelnuts toasted with butter, with persil purée.

Shanhaiese meal - Pig knuckle cooked 2 hours in soy sauces (dark and light), rock sugar, star anises and dried mandarin peel.

First time, cooked a fish head, rice wine, broth, soy sauce and ginger. Slight fried and cooked with the ingredients combined as a sauce.

Spicy chicken mushroom, bamboo shoots pot

Fried rice with crab, shrimps, Chinese lettuce, five spice dried sausages, egg. A mistake to add the sausages, too overwhelming and we couldn’t taste the crab.

19 Likes

Fab as usual!

1 Like

No pics but leftover smoked chicken crisped up in the steam oven with roasted mini colored potatoes with an avocado and tomato salad.

A good use of leftovers

8 Likes

oh my goodness, it all looks delish!

those teefies on the fish! what kind?

Weird warm day today! Nice to have cold things to drink today and not feel frozen from the inside because of it.
Kimchi snack while chopping, it seems to be a neverending amount and has a nice funky to it at this point.
Very green salad tonight, cucumber, green olives (surprisingly meh, new to me brand that was on sale), stemmy cilantro, sunflower seeds and a vinegrette with the kimchi brine.

A few meatless balls on the side but i’ll spare you another photo of those ;))
Just had two dates with a bit of almond butter on them as dessert with my tea.

11 Likes

Thanks! I’ll definitely make this soon, sounds like a great lunchy thing with some chickpeas.
So glad the drops are helping the kiddo! Hopefully you and your husband dodge it

1 Like

Vietnamese pork meatball bao. Meatballs had a ton of thai basil, as well as lemongrass, fish sauce, scallions, and minced ginger and garlic. They shrunk quite a bit so i used three per bao. A little hoisin/sriracha mayo on one side of the bao, and we added more sriracha at the table. another batch of slaw, adding red cabbage to the green, and serranos, with more doctored-up TJs ginger carrot dressing.

17 Likes

I had a “pork wing”. Full disclosure; for lunch, not dinnet.
But it was WAY past lunch on the east coast.
Not bad, but could have been so much better.
Fodder for another post.

9 Likes

Cheetos, asparagus, and salmon . Wine to drink,Cheers :wine_glass:

7 Likes

The fried or baked variety? I love the crunchy fried. Not too into the styrofoamish baked though.

A snapper. See all these smoke coming out from its mouth while cooking!

10 Likes

Love your meatballs! I would have flatten them as I’m a clumsy eater! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Your slaw and wings looked yummy.

This thing is lovely, I used them to spice up everything! Have a feeling that I like the brine more than kimchi.

1 Like

Nice presentations, especially the canard…

1 Like

My kind of a Monday night meal!

Oh yes! I could see it being awesome with dried fruit like cranberries and some nuts or seeds for a crunch too.
So far, so good on us! Thank you!!

1 Like

Oh, yes it does. :heart:

2 Likes