What’s for Dinner #25 - 09/2017 - the Autumnal Edition

I am not cooking tonight. I’ll wait for this party all year somewhere in the Santa Cruz mountains.

13 Likes

6 Likes

4 Likes

11 Likes

Edit out the first pic of the salmon on the plate . There was so much more food than was photographed at the party.

beautiful servers. That’s what I need!
Is this held in a private home or restaurant?
I still have people sleeping here from last night’s party
Have lots of things people let here , was hoping last night’s guest left them on labor’s day but that does not seem to be the case( sunglasses, hair stuff, coolers etc)

the beef and lichen looks yummy

Private party at a house.

2 Likes

WOW!
I am impressed.
That is a lot of food with beautiful display and layout
The most I have here is for 80 people, with just one company catering .
Gone are those days as now, it is mostly for my son’s friends.
I worry about wear and tear, this last 3 parties within 10 days although is supposed to be an outdoor party, my son’s guests go in an out thru the house, now, my storm door in the DR creeks, and of course, there are blankets everywhere ( I woke up 4:30AM with lights on, as some of the guests lay outdoor in the chaise lounge even with the fire pit going fire, it was cold, when they were dressed for summer in the evening. )
Some guests do go to the powder room thru the basement arcade but again, they just do not realize that the doors have to be shut tight or the bugs one in which makes one miserable night for me! So, I have to be quite vigil.
I do not know how to upload a bigger picture as it will not work.
THIS MESSAGE POPS UP bec it is a video
Sorry, that file is too big (maximum size is 30000kb). Why not upload your large file to a cloud sharing service, then share the link?The file I was sending is 107.4MB.
thanks

emglow, the spread and location look incredible! I need to upgrade my friends. :grin:

3 Likes

Impressed with the setup and the food! That pig!! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Emglow, dayaaam dayaaam dayaaaaaaam! Go to this kind of party more often and you don’t need to use your shared kitchen :wink:

I have exactly 1 week to finish whatever is left in the fridge that needs to be eaten.

There’s a lot of pork rinds in a seemingly small package and I’m still eating it. Instead of pork chop or some kind of skewered meat I have here tofu marinated in a Sichuan sauce, then fried. Standard dipping fish sauce on the side.

6 Likes

The party only happens once a year. This is my third year. It is amazing.

4 Likes

@emglow101 I don’t have ANY friends like this. If there is food on the table, I am the person who made the food. Just gorgeous. What a generous celebration!

1 Like

Dinner was Hot & Sour soup, dried-fried spicy green beans, and lamb with cumin at our favorite local Chinese restaurant. I wanted spicy, and they delivered! My nose is running in a good way.

6 Likes

Packer Sunday.

Bratwurst, Kraut, Ribs, Potato & Cucumber salad, Tomato Salad, Corn glazed with Miso:

7 Likes

I go as an invite with a friend.

Stay friendly with that friend
Amazing food and layout
Only event I have been to with such extravagant food and layout is at the Calvert Cancer Gala .
A lot of restaurants contribute to the food, we did have roast beef, lechon , lobsters, crabs, Italian station held at the Chesapeake Rod and Reel on the Chesapeake Bay. It was always a lovely occasion, my co workers used to drive 60 miles all the way after work on a Thursday night for those events as that was the only day Rod n Reel was available, free of course as their contribution. We raised a lot of money and of course, they were tax deductible when I was working.
However, the price for a ticket kept on going up. . We used to say it was cheaper to be a patron to have all those wonderful food than to order or cater them. Have not been to one for almost 10 y years.

1 Like

Roast chicken with figs, shallots and rosemary potatoes, steamed green beans with toasted almonds, and wine. T’was good. Outlander, Season 3, Ep. #1 on the flat screen.

7 Likes

Love thy neighbor" it’s easy when you have neighbors like ours
Next door neighbor a friend of DH just finished building this smoker out of this drum that formerly contained toner :scream: We were invited for dinner … brisket. This one smoked for 8 hours at 275 was his best of the summer.

My contribution

"

DH requested a root beer float when we got home … SMH

8 Likes