What’s for Dinner #25 - 09/2017 - the Autumnal Edition

Bunless burgers with cheddar and bacon on roasted portobello caps

For dessert, vanilla cinnamon frozen goat milk’s yogurt

8 Likes

Hope your pleasure for eating returns soon and your treatments go smoothly. Sending wishes for good health and healing to you!

6 Likes

Lamb chops, try making them day after, if you like lamb chops of course. I used to make them for my friend when she was having treatments, she could taste them even when she could not taste anything else. Sending positive energy your way.

4 Likes

@meatn3 and @chowdom. Thanks for your thoughts. I am now in my third year of chemo, 14th year of treatment. I can’t cater to my ever changing response to this new drug the way I did back in 2005 when it would be over in a few short weeks. My job is to not loose too much more weight, eat enough sodium and potassium , and put myself in that chair every week. And so, I make good food every day and sometimes I can eat it, and sometimes I can’t.

I ate those boring mashed taters for lunch topped with parmesan cheese and managed to eat about 1/3 cup before I got totally bored.

And I love lamb chops! But they have to be a special occasion food due to the price.

9 Likes

:heart:

4 Likes

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: to you, @smtucker.

3 Likes

TATER TITS!!! i shall never call them anything but henceforth.

5 Likes

keep doing your job! i’m astounded by “third year of chemo” and wish you the very best.

2 Likes

:heart: :heart::heart:

Yes, keep doing your job and best wishes for all of it.

2 Likes

It started out as a typo, since I is next to O on the qwerty keyboard.

But then everybody liked it so well it kind of stuck.

3 Likes

and by the way, those tomatoes on the BLTs are THE TITS.

1 Like

ok, i’ll stop now.

Nope Brandywine heirlooms, C cup.

3 Likes

Please don’t. I’ve been a bad boy, a very bad boy.

I deserve to be spanked.

1 Like

Vietnamese home-style dishes.

Loofah releases a lot of water when cooked. This dish is supposed to be a soup but I didn’t want to eat soup on that day.

Fermented shrimp paste gives food a horrible colour but it tastes good. I used goat’s meat here, the last of it. Meat was cooked SV.

I like Vietnamese pork rind dishes. There’s always roasted rice powder mixed in the shredded rinds. Standard Vietnamese fish sauce to pour over everything.

My favourite: steamed pork mince with wood ear mushrooms.

So easy to make, takes little time.

Taking a break from Vietnamese food. A massive rib-eye. The fat is saved for rendering. There’s still half of it for another meal.

SV rare, then seared.

Little red potatoes were fried in the same pan. Lots of beef heart tomatoes alongside. That is all, 3 good ingredients.

4 Likes

Poke night! Served with nori and eaten wrap-style. It feels like fall today so wasn’t sure this would hit the spot but as always, it was a perfect simple dinner.

7 Likes

sent u a message for personal reading
hope u received it

Big Fish night at the Courthouse Seafood Market and restaurant. Like times before, we divided the fish and chips, and he also enjoys a fried shrimp side. I add a bit of cole slaw, and that is a complete meal. Someday, I should photograph this meal. I don’t think anyone has done dinner photos at this very modest spot.

4 Likes

I want that I want that I want that.:wink:

2 Likes

Dinner was chicken breast parmesan using Kenji Lopez’s recipe.
Split the chicken breast, pounded it , soaked it in buttermilk overnight, dust with garlic powder and pepper, dip it in fine sweet potato starch, then in egg with a bit of buttermilk, then in 2/3 panko and 1/3 parmesan, fried in peanut oil, then added cubed mozzarella cheese and parmesan to the chicken breast leaving the edges bare so that one can taste the crust. Into a 300 degree oven till the cheese melted.
Served with Kenji Lopez " Best darned American Italian Red sauce " that was simmered for 6 hours in the oven. The sauce were frozen from when I cooked it last time.
Side was Cauliflower rice cooked with EVOO, caramelized onion, lemon juice and zest of 2 lemons.
The pictures were taken in a rush as my son was in no mood for my taking pictures. I am also not good in plating and picture taking but it was excellent , credit going to Kenji.

Dessert was a fantastic fruit tart brought by friends for our party on Monday that was discovered after the party.
There was Cabernet Sauvignon for dinner
I had processed enough chicken breast for yet another meal tomorrow.

4 Likes