What is your favorite way to cook eggs?

Eggs are very versatile in nature, you can bake them, fry them, cook them. what is your favorite way to have eggs?

Scrambled

2 Likes

Over easy or poached.

(In a tortilla espanola is rhe most common)

4 Likes

I recall another fairly recent egg cooking thread. In it someone mentioned that there are electric egg poachers. Ahha, I thought, the solution to my total incomptence with poaching eggs, so I bought one. Although it has not proved to be the solution. It works by steaming off a measured amount of water. I am religious in making sure the measure is accurate but I just can’t rely on consistency. Sometimes, they are overcooked, others undercooked, occasionally perfect. The kit now lurks at the back of the kit cupboard and I’m back to scrambling where I can see what’s going on and time the rest of breakfast accordingly.

1 Like

Soft-scrambled with a touch of heavy cream and some cubes of cream cheese mixed in just until set. I don’t like “hard-scrambled” eggs.

Over-easy

Hard-boiled for salads or when I’m having picnic fare at home (i.e., pork ribs and coleslaw for Independence Day)

4 Likes

I love them poached, but I have given up on trying at home - some folks on here are familiar with my way of grief with this particular prep.

Soft-boiled, fried, scrambled, raw in Caesar dressing - eggs are staple in this household.

ETA: deviled, of course! How could I forget deviled eggs!!!

3 Likes

My girlfriend always ask for “eggs over easy”. I am teaching myself how to make them in an enameled cast iron skillet, as I no longer want to use non-stick pans.
I’ve only ruined a few eggs, which I eat… but she loves that runny yoke and a piece of toast to dip it in.
If eggs go on sale, I’ll make egg salad (another one of her favorites).

1 Like

Sautéed veggie omelette.

1 Like

Fried. Preferably over easy or sunny side up if fried in lots of oil at high heat so the white puffs up.
Hard-boiled. Bonus points for tea or soy sauce eggs.
Eating the last of my soft-cooked Korean soy sauce eggs today, actually.
I find poached eggs pointless. I don’t mind them, but I always wish for a fried egg instead.
I almost never think to scramble eggs as my first choice. But I love puffy Thai omelets, soufflé omelets, frittata, tortillas, and so on. Love gyeranjjim, too! Team fluffy scrambled eggs!

1 Like

Because of their touted versatility, I have no favorite. Eggs are the closest things I can think of to the perfect food.

A more interesting question to me would be: What egg method or dish don’t you like?

4 Likes

Anything involving tomatoes… which is strange, bc I love both on their own (or in other dishes) - just not together. So - no shakshuka for me, no Chinese tomato eggs.

Raw straight out of the shell.

Over-fried, hard-scrambled, hard-boiled to have a blue yolk.

Also, the whites need to be cooked beyond the snot stage. I just can’t.

4 Likes

Soft boiled.

And I’m not convinced by the likes of the American Eggs Benedict ( which is now quite common in the UK, in upper end hotel breakfasts)

1 Like

Snotty egg whites. No tamago kake gohan for me. No Chinese dishes with egg white sauces. No 3-minute eggs.
I don’t really like creamy scrambled eggs either, but the level can vary. French omelets are ideally supposed to be babeuse aka snotty, which explains why I dislike them. I can’t look at a lot of omurice out there where the egg is pretty much liquid. Or oyakodon that’s the same. Runny yolks good, runny whites no.

Omurice

Another

Oyakodon

On the flip side, I think this omurice has a really nice egg where even someone like me whose preference is for fluffy would be happy to eat this.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjJMqeYuJ2d/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Hard boiled eggs with a dark ring around the yolk are also really off-putting to me.

2 Likes

Give it one more try. I just discovered this guy a couple of moths ago… no nonsense, to the point, and the methods/recipes I have tried so far were impressive.

1 Like

Did you ever get a poach pod?

No, bc I’d had one previously and it didn’t work - despite ample amounts of lubing up that mofo, the egg ended up sticking to it.

I simply cannot continue subjecting my household to the level of utter rage my poaching attempts tend to provoke. Some tasks are best left to other, more talented folks :wink:

3 Likes

See my reply to @small_h :wink:

I have half a mind to come over there and teach you how.

3 Likes

Beaten well, mixed with sugar, flour and butter. Add chocolate to taste. Bake in a 350F oven Let cool and dunk in milk.

Aside from that, scrambled with a side of bacon.

4 Likes

I’m starting to think there might be something you’re trying to tell us, @iluvcookies…

4 Likes