What Did You Drink Today (non-wine) #2?

An old fashioned made with turbinado sugar, angostura bitters, a Luxardo cherry, and Old Grand-Dad bottled in bond. OGD BIB is my FAVORITE for a bourbon old fashioned.

6 Likes

Harambe’s Revenge $16
Cane Run Trinidadian Rum, Banane du Bresil, Lime, Pineapple, Orgeat, Kraken Black Spiced Rum float

The Phoenix

Set to hall and Oates and this

https://youtu.be/56hqrlQxMMI

Everybody’s workin for the weekend

4 Likes

Man I love tiki drinks, but this is the issue with making them at home, they’re deceptively complex and require a lot of ingredients. I need to figure out what basics I need to stock beside various rums - falernum, passion fruit liqueur?

Don’t overlook the limes and I use fresh passion fruit juice which I’m sure you can get ez surprisingly maybe. Nice pineapple juice. All that stuff obviously perishable but keep the pace right

Yep, lotta fresh fruit juices too!

1 Like

I do like 151 cuz you gotta incorporate fire from time to time. Also kicks it up a notch !

1 Like

https://youtu.be/NSfOB8ANdWU

Also recommend appropriate music

Lots of ice too

Had a nice local stout at a waterside fish market/restaurant this evening while watching the sunset with the marina in the forefront. The local grouper sandwich was simple yet excellent

4 Likes

Festive Old Fashioned for Diwali — I made a cardamom-ginger-caramel syrup finished with pomegranate molasses.

6 Likes

Maple syrup angustura bitters lemon juice allspice dram apple jack crown royal apple cider apple peel garnish

Looking for a name

Right now it’s the Mountie

5 Likes

Fall old fashioned. Allspice dram orange peel crown royal simple syrup angustura

5 Likes

Cool glasses! I think the Mountie is a good name due to the Canadian Whisky. The only other that came to mind was a Fall Fling - kinda corny, I admit! Anyway, they look good!

1 Like

Thanks ! My pal that made this has a talent I appreciate

1 Like

Tonight:

5 Likes

The north wind blows

2 Likes

After working this evening to feed the students at the University of Texas Episcopal Student Center, noshing as we went on the chips, chili con queso, and toffee cookies, we are home, decompressing, having Tanqueray and Dolin 3:1 martinis, shaken 38 times. Dinner is toasted rounds of baguette spread with fermented beet hummus. Just right.

4 Likes

O my. That sounds wonderful. Happy Diwali! May everyone’s lights burn brightly.

4 Likes

(post deleted by author)

Yum

Gets our vote. Actually, any Talisker does.

2 Likes