What Did You Drink Today (non-wine) #2?

Inspirato @Mr_Happy

These are goin into go cups

3 Likes

Hurricanes? :clap:

2 Likes

As in rock you like one ? Yes. Poured over ice for outdoor drinking.

2 Likes

4 Likes

I don’t know about you, but my SF “corner store” essential is an It’s It bar…wish i had one and a cutty bang right now!

What did you enjoy over the trashcan @Mr_Happy - a gin colada?

1 Like

This was the original Cutty Bang, though I think usually one of the gins is Seagrams in addition to the Tanqueray. Seagrams gin + Tanqueray gin + Bacardi limon rum + pineapple juice.

That’s a fucking attitude adjustment my friend.

2 Likes

Nice! Do they give you a cup with ice?

Yes! They had cups filled with ice near the register. Very convenient. Difficult to day drink without one :smile:

1 Like

A couple pours while watching the Bucs kick ass

5 Likes

The Lion’s Tail:

• 2 oz. bourbon
  • 3/4 oz. allspice dram (homemade, in our case)
  • 1/2 oz. lime juice
  • 1/2 tbsp. simple syrup
  • 2 dashes Angostura

Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail glass.

The recipe says you can use less allspice dram if you want, and I will the next time I make this. The allspice flavor overwhelmed everything else.

4 Likes

This is one of my favorites. Very dry, but some melon on the palate. No alcohol heat (you might be surprised how often that comes up). Floral nose. Enjoying it with some delivery - excellently fatty salmon and avocado maki, yellowtail maki, and beef tatataki. Perfect.

5 Likes

Whiskey Sour

4 Likes

Old fashioned w bit of allspice liquor.

4 Likes

Penicillin

4 Likes

Then there’s “Chinese Penicillin” = hot and sour soup – proven to banish the flu; patients swear by it . . .

1 Like

Our house favorite go to with a cold or flu! If we feel well enough we make it, if not, it’s takeout. It’s so wonderful for head & upper respiratory stuff.

My wife introduced me to the joys of medicinal hot toddies. She said that even as kids, she and her brother got a tot of brandy when they were sick.

1 Like

We’ll bite. Next time Chinese Penicillin is chosen as the most efficacious course of treatment, it’ll be served after a wee bit of whisky is splashed into the bowl. Sl’ainte.

1 Like

Hi y’all. I’m mostly a shot/beer and red wine drinker, so not much variation to contribute.

Did have a couple of “different” libations to share:

Dried Fugu (puffer fish) fin, torched to sweat out essential oils. With Sake in traditional wood caddy.

Hoppy. A basically non-alcohol (.08%) hoppy brew mixed with Shochu and ice. Actually tastes like a good regular beer. Then again, why not just drink a real brew??

4 Likes