What cookbooks have you gotten / added to your wish list - 2022

Lol. She had me at za’atar carrot scones.

I’ve put this on my Christmas Wish List.

6 Likes

Dinner in one is here! Cracking it open this weekend

6 Likes

I did a double take bec I had typed up the same question but forgot to post :joy:

Also saw Andrea Nguyen has a vegetable focused book coming out. When VFAD was COTM on chowhound, I had messaged her about some vegetarian substitutions for what seem like core flavor elements, so I’m interested to see what she’s done for a whole vegetable book.

6 Likes

Looking forward to hearing about what you think!

1 Like

Really liked the Roasted Chicken Tagine on page 24

2 Likes

oh awesome! i was going to make it for some gf (celiac disease) guests saturday. what would you serve with it?

Oh my family wanted fries but i think rice would be nice. I do this recipe often for chicken. Cook rice, basmanti in my case. Toast a cup of either pecan or walnuts, chop coarsely. Saute 1 small onion add rice and nuts and maybe a bit of olive oil and saute for a few minutes. Now slowly add soya sauce until rice losses its color.

2 Likes

Had a side salad too

1 Like

Do you have My Bombay Kitchen? The brown rice described in it would go nicely.

I don’t have that book but if you like savory baking there is also The Savory Baker from ATK - so far we made only one recipe which turned out to be very good but there are many other interesting looking ones

2 Likes

Update: made the tagine and served it with a spinach salad with dried cranberries, toasted sliced almonds, and pickled red onions and an orange vinaigrette and basmati rice. All were delicious and the salad’s citrus went perfectly with the tagine. I subbed butternut squash for the carrots and sweet potato.

2 Likes

Dorie Greenspan included the roasted tagine recipe in a recent newsletter.

1 Like

I just bought it and it is beautiful. I haven’t made anything yet, but I already have lots of recipes marked.

1 Like

Yay! Sounds good!

Not an ebook deal but first time subscription to nyt cooking time is 50% off for $3.00 a month for 1year. I got it.

2 Likes

I’ve never had the subscription. Do you think it’s worth it?

I really dont know but at $3 a month cant lose. Maybe someone that has one can chime in.

I’ve had it for years. I cook all our meals, every day, and it’s my #1 go-to for recipes and reviews. I feel it’s worth every penny, obviously. At $3 a month, I say try it and see if you like it.

3 Likes

Came here to post about this!

I’m a subscriber and I think there are tons of great recipes on there. Give it a shot.

2 Likes