What bar chocolate are you eating?

Chocolate has gone artisan. Single origin is all the rage. But of course that’s not the only good stuff. What delicious chocolate bars are you eating? Why do you like them?

3 Likes

Domori Teyuna Colombia.

Interestingly I got this at checkout at the butcher’s.

Lovely fruitiness, with a taste of honey. Delish. Cheaper than other single origins too at USD$7 at my butcher. Darn now I need to go buy chicken there more often…

1 Like

Not the world’s greatest chocolate but when in India this is about the best I’ve managed to get so far. Had some last night and it was scoffed pretty quickly.

5 Likes

Tcho bars. Love all of the flavors but the dark milk chocolate is my first choice.

2 Likes

Lindt 99% because it’s readily avalable. So hard to find pure eating chocolate as I only eat this kind.

1 Like

Imported dark chocolate twigs my all time absolute favorite, and I have eaten a lot of chocolate … they pack a serious punch

1 Like

I like Lindt dark because it is not super-high in cacao content. There used to be Lindt stores nearby, which had a nice variety of options. But for dietary reasons, I’ve switched, most often, to Trader Joe’s Simply Lite sugar-free dark. It is 50% cacao, sweetened with maltitol, which doesn’t cause me GI issues. I like chocolate well enough but never crave it and could happily lead a chocolate-free life. At a restaurant, I prefer a fruit and/or nut dessert. I have a half ounce of dark chocolate most days because of its health benefits.

2 Likes

Lindt Chili Dark Chocolate

Ghirardelli dark sea salt caramel. There are better dark chocolate bars (the various free trade chocolates at 10,000 villages are very good and specialty chocolate shops have yielded some good finds), but Ghirardelli is available at my local supermarket.

taza…yum! vanilla or cinnamon especially.

Ritter Sport milk chocolate with cornflakes :yum:

Lately I’ve been eating Dagoba 74%, not because it’s particularly great but because I can order it for my office from our regular pantry supplier. I prefer 80-85% bars but this one is fine for an afternoon pick-me-up. They’ve recently started carrying Green & Black’s 85% so I will switch to that when my Dagoba stash is gone - again, Green & Black’s isn’t my favorite, but it is a decent bar and certainly tastier than Lindt or Ghirardelli’s 85% offerings.

1 Like

Facepalm

We walked out of TJs today without picking up any bar chocolate.:frowning2:

1 Like

TJ’s has Simply Lite sugar-free bar chocolate (50% cacao) that is good, if maltitol doesn’t wreak havoc on your GI tract. Proceed with caution.

1 Like

Well we failed on taking a chocolate bar–or two home, grey, but we did make sure this was in our basket.

2 Likes

I don’t crave chocolate but i certainly like it- I’ve actually been really into the dark chocolate covered cocoa nibs from Sweet riot chocolate (fyi they make the dark chocolate nibs in a tin at trader joe’s) , and their dark chocolate coconut bar was delicious. (Full disclosure i’m friends with the owner, but i buy their chocolates retail like anyone else)
The ritter dark chocolate marzipan i’ll buy when i see it, not easy to find though.

2 Likes

Brown & Haley dark chocolate English toffee:

It’s surprisingly good.

4 Likes

We are still working on a bag of Lindt white chocolate bark with cranberries and pistachio nuts…

1 Like

Bark Thins are my new favorite, especially the almond variety.

1 Like

Currently eating a Cote D’Or Milk Chocolate bar but highly debating ordering some Damak Dark Chocolate with Pistachio bars. Best find from Turkey or in my travels personally. Might be the Turkish heritage or love for Pistachios. I do not know. Yes, Damak is from Nestle. Yet, Nestle make some of the best chocolate, outside of the US.

1 Like