What Are You Coveting/Waiting /Saving For?

Ah yes it was and sorry for my error. I type my responses in bed just before drifting off to sleep, which contributes to my sometimes unfiltered comments.

1 Like

I can relate. I often type mine as I emerge from sleep and still am not adequately caffeinated.

3 Likes

Make and model?

Falk 20 cm gratin, as coveted above. I purchased it at the Black Friday sale.

1 Like

Great. I hope you agree this is a very versatile pan. Enjoy!

1 Like

Expanding my copper collection in preparation for my new gas range. Added this incredible 24cm Bourgeat saucier. 25-30 years old. Weighs over 7lbs and I measured it at 2.7mm thick. Got it for under $200 on eBay. Gives me immense joy just looking at it.

Also bought the 14cm and 18cm Bourgeat 2.5mm copper saucepans on eBay from a seller in France, but they haven’t arrived yet.

I’m searching for the Bourgeat 2.5mm thick copper 20cm saucepan. It’s the final piece I want/need. Going to be checking eBay every day for awhile I think.

I believe these are called Bourgeat Alliance pans. They are the professional series with a minimum thickness of 2.5mm.

7 Likes

What a sexy pan! It’s also called a ‘sauteuse bombee’.

No poeles or frypans? The Bourgeat oval fish pan is also a head turner…

1 Like

I already own the 10” and 11.8” Mauviel 250c fry pans. They don’t make them anymore so very glad I got them and not the inferior ones they make now at 2mm.

I don’t think I’d use a fish pan much, if at all, and not totally sure what a poele is, but probably an unnecessary additon. I have the 5.2qt Demeyere Atlantis saute pan so I’m set there, plus the 9.4” and 12.6” Proline pans. I even have the Bourgeat 12cm 0.9qt 2.5mm thick saucepan. Cute little thing.

Really just needed a larger saucier (or sauteuse bombee!) and a few saucepans. If I could just find the 20cm I’d be done.

1 Like

Envious! Congrats. I’ll keep coveting. Beautiful piece, that gratin, though.

1 Like

I have that pan! Bought it decades ago, when it was semi-affordable.
‘Edit: mine is larger - 11”

1 Like

Nice! 11” is too big for me. I have other pans that get the same thing done without taking up the same amount of stovetop space for less volume.

1 Like

Never thought I’d own this and thrilled, absolutely thrilled, I do.

28cm Bourgeat Brasier, aka, a saute pan, but instead of a long handle it has the two shorter handles, which is actually perfect considering how heavy it is empty.

This was found at an estate sale of a home built in 1920. It is 2.7mm thick, which matches the 2.7mm thick saucier I recently acquired that was 25-30 year old and is 0.2mm thicker than the more recent Matfer Bourgeat pans I have, which leads me to believe Bourgeat pans before the merger with Matfer were 2.5mm of copper and after the merger are 2.3mm of copper (0.2mm of SS in each case). What a stunning pan.

12 Likes

After staying at a holiday inn for the last two days, I’m looking for a quickcakes automatic pancake maker.

4 Likes

Coveting a chocolate tempering machine.
Glad I bought my assortment of steel-lined copper saucepans, sauté pans, etc. They’ve lasted me 30+ years so far. Wondering why I ever bought a pure copper sugar boiler as I haven’t used it in years.
My food processor has a few broken bits but still works with some manipulation. I need a larger capacity bowl.
I want to replace my perfectly-functioning KitchenAid 5Q mixer with their 8Q pro model.

First-world problems. End of whining!

3 Likes

My little sugar pan gets used chiefly for salted caramel sauce, great drizzled over vanilla ice cream, apple pie, or both. In cool weather there is almost always a container of it on hand.

1 Like

Nice piece. Good for you. I’d love to come across something like that.

1 Like

Why not, if you do confectionary?

1 Like

Are these left unlined simply to save expense because they require no lining if used for confections, or is there an advantage to them being unlined when working with sugars? If the former, it seems like lining them while more expensive would add a lot of versatility, since unlined they are essentially “unitaskers.”

Perhaps a recipe, pretty please?