Toscano Ristorante in Bordentown, NJ

A very nice first experience with Toscano. Arrived Saturday night for an Open Table ressie that had a hiccup entirely of my doing. The front of the house (husband/wife owners?) handled it great and made us feel quite welcome. The steak (28 day in-house dry-aged bone-in strip) was super. Unlike many “steakhouses” (Toscano is not per se a steakhouse, but they have a strong focus on their steaks) where medium rare often comes out more on the rare side (not a bad thing), the medium rare came out exactly as ordered. Here’s the small nit-pick. The steak is served Luger style on a hot sizzling plate in the steak’s juices. A better first couple of pieces off the plate could not be beat. But, when we got around to a second serving the steak that remained on the plate continued to cook itself well past medium. Perhaps the solution is to request that the steak be removed to a different plate. In any event, a really great meal. Would not have known about Toscano but for this board, so thanks HO’s!

4 Likes

I would refer you to the 8 day old HaniBee121 video on the Steak Thread, where the unserved slices are ensconced post sizzle above the dang and strum, the steak event horizon, if you will, by an adroit server of meats who knows that this toro of steak could be rendered a protein in need of ketchup should it linger too long in the cauldron of butter, rosemary, and unctuous essence of beef fat that pools at the 12 degree receptacle of the Bordentown Hot Plate.

2 Likes

I like to remove all the sliced pieces to my other plate and leave the bone/and bone meat marinate in the rosemary butter, and then use that bone to make beef bone broth the next day… which i use in the future for risottos :yum:

5 Likes

Happy summer y’all! Omg I had THE best steak dinner yesterday ! As always the service is impeccable but the food… it’s never been better! For starters we shared the jumbo shrimp cocktail and the delicious stuffed zucchini flower! It literally melted in your mouth! Then came the steaks … I had the root beer butter slathered bone in filet… I didn’t even need a knife !! Hubby had the bone in strip that was equally tender and amazing !!
It’s a far drive to Bordentown for us but sooo with it :pray:t2:

10 Likes

Add

Had another fabulous meal at Toscano Steakhouse in Bordentown. Opted for the pork chop special. 16oz. Berkshire chop stuffed with chorizo, spinach and gouda served over a pancetta and spinach waffle with a roasted cherry bordelaise sauce.
WOW! Wish I remembered to take photos of the zucchini blossoms and the Italian egg rolls. My companion and I split all and still had leftovers. Everything I’ve had there has been fantastic.

5 Likes

Continuing our anniversary weekend, we enjoyed a sensational dinner at Toscano Ristorante. After reading all of these glowing reviews, we decided we had to give it a try. It was well worth the 1 hour and 15 minute drive. We usually only go to BYO’s and were happy to learn that they let you bring your own wine at a reasonable corkage fee of $25 per bottle. I enjoyed a sensational sizzling KC strip on the bone with a bourbon bacon butter; Mrs. P enjoyed a filet mignon au poivre. For starters we enjoyed excellent fried oysters, country fried lobster, and decadent pane toscano (baguette stuffed with mozzarella, caramelized onions, roasted garlic, and extra virgin olive oil. We also enjoyed an awesome creamed spinach carbonara. It all went great with Caymus cabernet and an excellent red blend. We have one more anniversary dinner planned on Wednesday; a chef’s table tasting at Fiorentini, that we are really looking forward to.

3 Likes

Wait……(rubbing my eyes) you liked one of MY places!?!?! After your review of La Griglia (still one of my favorites) I figured you would never step foot in one of my “likes” again. Very glad you enjoyed!

1 Like

You redeemed yourself with Toscano :slightly_smiling_face: This restaurant was outstanding! I only wish it was closer, but it is well worth the ride.

2 Likes

One of my biggest regrets about my son graduating college was the fact I no longer find myself in that area nearly as much as when he was still in. It is my primary go to when in the area. Very glad you and Mrs. P enjoyed!

2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes