Thanksgiving for two?

Yes. I have noticed that before. I’ll check it out.

1 Like

“Thanksgiving Made Small(er): A Kickass Menu for Two to Five”- Serious Eats

2 Likes

PS…I did it the two years after my wife passed and found it hugely comforting and have continued with my new GF…and although we go the night before and are helpers…it gives something to bond over and a knowing that we tried to make a difference… great fun to cook in a large kitchen, and cut up 100 heads of cabbage…

3 Likes

That sounds perfect!

1 Like

And I’m sorry for your loss. I don’t even want to think about it.

1 Like

Life goes on and we all continue to move forward and wake up to a new day!
Thank you!

4 Likes

Beautiful. It’s a good thing to do with the young folk too. Let them see not everyone has it like them.

Congrats on the new gal @PHREDDY. :heart:

1 Like

Thank you…I was very luck to meet someone from my past after 47 years… The aftermath has been really great…

6 Likes

Same with my sweet dad - he started seeing someone he used to work with decades ago, and it’s a lovely thing to see them laugh and truly enjoy each other. But @PHREDDY, think he has a couple or 3 decades on you.

3 Likes

You know, even though I live in the state of Washington, I just can’t find rolling papers big enough - does anyone know if parchment would work? :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Har har!

My best Bud in high school moved to Oregon in the 70’s and I guess the law back then was like a traffic ticket meanwhile back in Texas, felony 2-life. He couldn’t get any papers so I had to mail him some.

Thanksgiving for two? I just retired from my retail job and this will be my second normal Thanksgiving and Christmas in the last 23 years and I plan on enjoying it.

We’ll keep it simple with a twelve pound turkey that I’m cooking. We’ll get some cornbread dressing and gravy from Luby’s Cafeteria, better than I can make, sweet potatoes from a soul food place and some Greek style green beans that I’ll make.

3 Likes

Cooked in tomatoes and olive oil? I LOVE those!

1 Like

Wow that is hard to believe he couldn’t find papers in Oregon @jcostiones, since it kind of became a hippie and homesteading haven when SF lost it’s luster or they just decided to move on. It was all about Mother Earth News, Back to Eden and earth shoes. But yes, much more lenient with the laws. And then Alaska in the 70’s was a scene to behold…

Hope you really enjoy your normal T-Day and your menu sounds perfect!

Yep.

I had a girlfriend that had a pair of earth shoes but nary a bra.

1 Like

My attempts.

I’m going to add that to my menu! WAY better than green bean casserole.

1 Like

Yes, I was very fortunate also, after my first wife of almost 25 years of marriage passed away. It took about a year and a half to find someone, but the current Mrs. P is a real Godsend.

2 Likes

You definitely were, and I hope you have many more years of love and happiness!

1 Like

Thank you @PHREDDY! I wish the same to you as well!