Super Bowl 2024 Eats

(pic from German BK!)
SF vs. KC, 2 food towns
What’s on your menu?
Crab and brisket surf and turf is a tasty beginning.
Searching for ideas.
:wink:

3 Likes

Brisket sandwiches on sourdough with Sierra Nevada mustard, washed down with a nice bottle of Ridge Jimsomare?

You must’ve heard… The CIA psyop requires KC to win, so that KelSwift can rule us all…

6 Likes

Go 9ers! So far all I’ve come up with are onion dip and ruffled chips, and teriyaki chicken wings. Still thinking. Our vegan daughter and family are going to his parents’ (boo!) so we can pretty much have whatever we want. Pigs in blankets are a possibility.
BTW, I have less than zero interest in football, but watching the commercials is a spectator sport for me. When I used to teach media literacy, I would assign watching the Super Bowl commercials as homework so we could discuss them in the next week’s class!

14 Likes

My 8th grade math teacher had us watch Batman each week. Both days.
I don’t remember much math but the 2 days a week spent discussing the Caped Crusader and Boy Blunder are still fresh in my mind.
:cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

I’m making KC ribs. Love ribs. I don’t care who wins. I think games are often more enjoyable that way. Still proud of our Packers. Our day is coming.

5 Likes

It’s fitting that both teams’ home colors are red and this weekend is Chinese New Year!

[Edited to correct for CNY]

5 Likes

It’s just the two of us and no particular investment in this game/event. So, not really sure. Delivery will be tied up for sure though, so I definitely need to plan to cook something!

2 Likes

The plan here is for cioppino and sour dough bread. Lifelong 49er fan, but I’m prepared to be disappointed, we all know the game is fixed. :wink:
My brain automatically mutes commercials so I couldn’t care less.

5 Likes

Big favs of mine… love the sourdough with butter, garlic/mayo/paprika spread, topped with parmesan and baked at 350°F for about 15 mins.

Finding good seafood is tough up here, so as I only have shrimp… sweet and pungent shrimp and chicken salad are what is planned.

3 Likes

Don’t care about the game, do care about the eats, the ads, and the company. My friend is still deciding whether to host a few people, so I’m mulling over what I’d take over.

Current thoughts:
— Buffalo (or butter) chicken dip (or tiny meatballs) + pita chips
— Chilli momos
— Sushi bake (the horror! — I’ve been fascinated by the idea of this, and it would be a great group to experiment on) + seaweed snacks to scoop it onto
— Asian-leaning salmon rillettes (Dorie) + crostini

5 Likes

tailgate

And also:

-Non-hot wings (bec Mom) with lots of celery
-A homemade cranberry/pistachio/chive cheese log I made last week and had lots of leftovers
-Maybe a nice Caesar salad

7 Likes

Homemade guacamole and homemade chili topped with shredded cheddar, sour cream and scallions - all with tortilla chips. Maybe I’ll buy a couple of different kinds and put out a bowl of salsa, too, but there’s only 2 of us. DH is rooting for SF - I’ll watch for the commercials and to stay current with the Kelce/Swift romance. I’ve been enjoying their fairy tale.

9 Likes

I’ve never had buffalo chicken dip.
Not really a dip fan or buffalo chicken fan so this is an easy pass for me.

2 Likes

By the numbers:

• Two Million Domino’s Pizzas
  • 11 Million Buffalo Wild Wings
  • 5.19 Million Cans of Ro-Tel
  • Four Million Pounds of Velveeta
4 Likes

I guess one does eat Pancakes and Shrimp Etouffé for Super Bowl when Super Bowl takes place during Mardi Gras :rofl:

And some people eat Eggs Benedict for Super Bowl, maybe because every Sunday is a day for Eggs Benedict, not just Super Bowl Sunday! Same goes for Lasagna , Meatballs and Sunday Gravy ( not pictured) I wouldn’t expect Nonna to change the menu because of Super Bowl. :it:

3 Likes

Changing tracks, while I still don’t know how many we will be or if there is a masterplan of food (waiting on the host):

– Arayes (meat-stuffed pita) or musakhan pita pockets (same idea, different stuffing)
– Buffalo or butter chicken dip with pita chips
OR
– Salmon dip / rillettes with pita chips
– Orange olive oil cake OR Loaded chocolate chip bars from BCOTM Snacking Bakes

4 Likes

Friends are hosting and I’m making oatmeal scotchies again (she’s a cookie fanatic like me), Skyline dip and tortilla chips, Liptauer (to go with their homemade pretzels), and probably also bringing some rindless Brie dip (Alouette? I forget the brand). Drinks will be white wine and “pearsecco” (which I think is just sparkling hard cider). Probably also some Castelvetrano and Kalamata olives.

8 Likes

That all sounds tasty!

1 Like

Have you ever tried Obatzda? It’s a Bavarian spread made with rindless camembert or brie, and beer. Pretty tasty . But maybe too close to Liptauer.

2 Likes

Yeah, I actually originally bought it for the purpose of making Obatzda, but I figured with the paprika etc it was a little too close.

Of the two, I prefer Liptauer.

2 Likes