Spring 2021 (Apr-June) Cuisine of the Quarter - NOMINATIONS

Spring has sprung and it’s time to choose a new Cuisine of the Quarter! Which cuisines inspire you as the days get longer? For me, it’s anything that goes well with rosé on the patio! :grinning: Please respond with your nomination in ALL CAPS below. Happy spring, HOs!

2 Likes

Nomination: MEXICAN / LATIN

5 Likes

Here’s a link to the master list of cuisines we have covered in the past: Master list/links of past Cuisine of the Quarter

Bumping this up for continued consideration.

Thanks! I was planning to close nominations today, but I’ll leave them open until tomorrow (Thursday, March 25) evening since I forgot to pin it.

GREEK - with Greek Easter coming up on May 2nd, it should be interesting!

7 Likes

I have been terrible about writing up what I cooked for Chinese quarter… but I did cook along!

I’d be happy with @Lambchop’s idea, or I’ll throw in NORTH INDIAN (which would enable other major regions to have their own go).

North Indian is what’s most readily recognizable as Indian at restaurants - the tandoori dishes, tomato gravies, cream sauces, and so on. And, of course, naan!

@biondanonima could you leave the nominations open a few more days? I’ll cross post again to WFD.

1 Like

Sure, why don’t I leave nominations open until the evening of Sunday, March 28 - that way we can hit the ground running with voting on Monday, March 29?

2 Likes

Great! Thanks - I just mentioned it on WFD - think we just need some bumps, everyone here cooks so globally anyway!

2 Likes

Glad to cook any of these 3 choices. All of them are on my COTQ wish lists.

1 Like

Looks like we are back to the polls.

My choices are Moroccan or Greek …

Separate ideas:

SCANDANAVIAN

PACIFIC ISLANDS

CARIBBEAN ISLANDS (LEEWARD AND WINDWARD ISLANDS)

GERMAN

AMERICAN SOUTH

HALAL AND KOSHER (COMPARE AND CONTRAST)

I reserve the right to recycle nominations in future quarters. grin

2 Likes

Dave, would you mind narrowing your list down to one or two? Too many nominations makes the voting process a mess. We actually already covered German a while back so that is an easy one to eliminate :slight_smile:

Sure - I didn’t intend to make a mess. I can see where too many choices would be disruptive. I got on a roll.

How about SCANDANAVIAN (I have a recipe for lutefisk) as a geographic nomination and HALAL AND KOSHER as a cultural one. If there are too many nominations you have my proxy to just pick one of mine to help keep things manageable.

I did look through the master list but missed German. I’ll have to dig that thread out.

2 Likes

Perfect, thank you! Scandinavian was a close runner up a few quarters back so I’m guessing it will get some traction!

Definitely Greek.

2nd: Moroccan …

1 Like

What do you reckon American South cuisine to be?
Seems fairly obtuse, both geographically and culturally.