September–December 2022 Baking Cookbook of the Month: SNACKABLE BAKES

Find the nomination thread here:

I made the Strawberries and Cream bars (thought of you, rstuart) and they’re SO good. Very sweet but absolutely delicious. And so easy. May have slightly overbaked, but we all love them.

4 Likes

Love those!

1 Like

Voting for the next book is afoot!

Please join us in baking and reporting from our next book!

2 Likes

Yippee! Just ordered a copy. Thanks for all the grunt work Caitlin.

Nomination time!

CHOCOLATE CREME FRAICHE BANANA BREAD (p. 88)

We had some leftover bananas hanging around, and a little creme fraiche, so why not?? Another easy hit. Whisk dry ingredients together, then sugar, oil, vanilla in a larger bowl, then add egg, then creme fraice, and finally the bananas. Gently fold in the dry stuff (which includes the chocolate chips). I used dark instead of semisweet chips in this out of preference. Bake in loaf pan for 65-70 minutes (my oven wanted the longer time). The first day I felt like it tasted slightly of soy sauce (why???) but then next day it was delicious and so tender and almost creamy. Will definitely make this again when there are lots of bananas hanging around.

10 Likes

Beautiful cake, and love the platter!

3 Likes

PEACH CARAMEL DUMP CAKE p. 179

I may have the title/name slightly wrong, don’t have the book in front of me. I’d never heard of a dump cake, and honestly would have called this a cobbler. Like other reviewers on EYB I didn’t have caramels, so just upped the brown sugar in the peach mixture. You cut up your unpeeled fruit and add it to brown sugar and salt in the pan, then toss with vanilla. On top put the flour, baking soda, more brown sugar, and salt and gently pat. Top with slices of butter and bake. I served with vanilla ice cream. Delicious! Takes all of the 52 minutes to bake in my oven.

3 Likes