Quick Poll: How do you feel about Teflon/Cooking Health Concern?

From the Amazon description of the spray in your post:

• DO NOT use this product in an attempt to repair or resurface any type of cooking equipment

Use on cutting surfaces such as saw blades, drill bits or on flat surfaces such as table saws. Works to lubricate tight tolerance gears or flat sliding surfaces such as treadmills.

So no, this is NOT for food surfaces–it’s meant to be used like WD-40.
Your assumption about the veracity of the “Best Nonstick Pans” site is correct.

1 Like

I know whenever I have questions regarding cookware durability, I turn right to Reader’s Digest. Weird article.

Harmful OR fatal, not harmful AND fatal. See? dat shit’s safe. All those silly safety warning are pure poppycock. :wink:

1 Like

This is a cynical joke. Trust duPont?

The irony here is that duPont is making a nonstick product to stick to… nonstick

If my understanding of that product is correct, it’s not at all for use on cookware, non-stick or otherwise.

I think the bots at that website just included it without knowing what it was.

Well, if you follow the (somewhat dubious) links, at least two websites suggest the 3M product for repairing pans.

I think the label warning on the product itself would be about as useful as printing “DO NOT INHALE” on cans of spray keyboard cleaner.

1 Like

Yes, definitely dubious. I just am amazed that these websites are not more careful about what they propose.

1 Like