Question about my guilty pleasure- *corn dogs*

Thanks for taking one for the team.

1 Like

It turns out that Two Hands Corn Dogs is opening two stores here, one of them on 10/14, which is tomorrow. If you’ve been to Two Hands, please post your opinion!
The second store will open later in the year, and it will be a couple of miles from my house, which so far I like the idea of.

1 Like

A premier gas station fried chicken stand has Cajun corn dogs to go:

https://krispykrunchy.com/menu/

1 Like

But unfortunately they’re also not made from beef. :neutral_face:

Cajun cuisine is not beef-centric.

A little drift here . I remember getting hot dog on a stick at the boardwalk in Santa Cruz. They were located next to the roller coaster.

I recall great corn dogs, and especially, corn brats, from a generic stand at the S.C. boardwalk. This was 25 years ago though. I don’t think it’s there any more.

I believe they are gone .Moved away 5 years ago . After living there for 60 years . Born and raised

Krispy Krunchy Chicken franchises? are set up at hit or miss gas stations around here.

We were unclear. Krispy Krunch is premier, though the one we know is in a very large tidy gas station. That said, we know you don’t have to go to a gas station for Krispy Krunch – neighborhood liquor stores have that advantage over gas stations.

1 Like

Our KK Chickens are almost all in Chevrons up here.
I was trying to decide if Hit and Miss was a chain of gas stations.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

What’s not to like about meat on a stick. Kabobs, satays, boeuf fondue come to mind

2 Likes

Meat on a stick. Fantastic

1 Like

We were on the way home with the grandkids one time, they were hungry so we pulled into a gas station with a Krispy Krunchy Chicken sign. It did the trick. Ever since then I’ve noticed the signs out of the corner of my eye, but never paid attention to the actual gas station name. So hence the hit or miss comment.:slightly_smiling_face:

I will say this - There’s really nothing better than an all beef hotdog corn dog.

2 Likes

I got a Krispy Krunchy corn dog today. It was pretty good, though neither crispy nor crunchy. I don’t know if I’d be able to tell whether it was beef or whatever.

2 Likes

If you’re open to something a little different, we just had a branch of Mochinut open in our town. I haven’t tried it yet, but they have a hot dog in mochi (rice) batter. The doughnuts (mochi batter) are tasty, so I have no doubt the hot dogs will be yum too. They’re such a big chain, maybe you have one nearby.

I love corn dogs too but satisfy my caving occasionally with Sonic corn dogs. You have to tell them to double fry though.

2 Likes

We like the fries too, though they weren’t really krispy or krunchy.

1 Like

It just occurred to me that i have a pair of cast iron cornbread pans- the ear of corn shaped ones. I’m sure they need to be stripped and reseasoned, but that’s a real possibility, thanks for the idea!