Question about my guilty pleasure- *corn dogs*

I’m a veteran of many, many grocery stores. I like going to grocery stres I’ve never been to, AND ones I like.
Today I went to one that had so many brands of corn dogs in the freezer section. But they were all chicken dogs!
This has been going on for years. Corn dogs are a guilty pleasure that I haven’t had in at least ten years because all the dogs inside are chicken dogs. Why not regular, or better yet, beef corn dogs? Anybody know the answer?

3 Likes

I didn’t realize. Do you get Fletcher’s there?

1 Like

where do you live and shop?

1 Like

I prefer beef corn dogs. Kroger has beef corn dogs in their store brand. Bar-S makes beef corn dogs, but I didn’t like them as much as Kroger’s. State Fair also makes beef corn dogs, but I’ve only seen them for sale in quantities larger than I want to purchase.

1 Like

State Fair sells a few variations of frozen corn dogs. One of which is all beef(supposedly) and another is chicken/pork and god only knows what else. Think Bar S.
I agree, Fletcher’s would be the way to go. If available.

1 Like

In recent years, the only reason I’ve bought frozen corn dogs was so my grandkids could have a quick snack while here. Then the pandemic hit and I do believe they got burnt out on them at home. Good to know about Kroger beef corn dogs. I was just there today.

2 Likes

I have done the Foster Farms chicken ones (which weren’t bad if properly reheated). Nathan’s makes some beef pretzel dogs, but can’t say I have ever had a great frozen one… certainly no where near as good as homemade with your favorite hot dog. So if this is really a guilty pleasure why not make your own.

They’re pretty quick 'n easy, and freeze well.

1 Like

If you have an Asian market near you, you may want to look into frozen Korean corn dogs. I’ve never had one, and they look pretty insane and over the top. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

@ChimayoJoe - thanks, will look into Kroger. I see State Fair everywhere but was disappointed when I tried them several years ago.

@TheLibrarian28 - now that sounds good. Best corn dog I ever had was from a Korean truck here, before the pandemic. Thanks.

1 Like

I’m not sure but I’ll be sure to look for Fletcher’s. Thanks for giving me a brand to look for

There are some great Korean grocery stores here, I’ll look.

In Berkeley, Endless Summer Sweets specializes in state fair foods, and their corn dogs are good.

2 Likes

southern AZ. I go to Albertson’s, Safeway, Trader Joe’s Basha’s/Food City (local to Arizona, I think), Sprouts, Whole Foods, Fry’s (same as Kroger I think), and several carnicerias and Asian grocery stores.

1 Like

I’ll have to recheck Fry’s, then, I haven’t been there in a while.

1 Like

I used to live in CenPho, and still visit (as I own a place near the ballpark).

I just looked online and, at least the Safeway, in Phoenix on McDowell carries all-beef corn dogs. Not sure about the Safeways down further south, i.e. Tucson and points further towards the border.

Good luck.

1 Like

Yeah… but the statefair ones are not good.

Look, man, beggars cannot be choosers at this point.

The only corndogs I will really eat are the ones from Hot Dog on a Stick, but then that’s not really an option here, is it?

2 Likes

Korean corn dogs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei0gSKJza4k

I love this YouTube channel. All the kids are so sweet and enthusiastic.

2 Likes

I don’t consider anyone here a beggar… they’re just looking for better options that we can hopefully point them to. StateFair ain’t one of them.

1 Like

I’d rather not have a corn dog than have a chicken one.

5 Likes