POLL: Anchovy Pizza - Yea or Nay?

Because of a couple of mentions in the Tuna Melt thread.

Me: Yea; love it.

1 Like

I love anchovies, so yes. But not on tuna melts, what the hell?

3 Likes

Yay. I love them. Especially the Agostino Recca brand.

3 Likes

yea!

4 Likes

Love them with a passion. When I first discovered Caesar salad, I always wanted it with anchovy, and would get mad if they told me, “It’s in the dressing.” How is it in the dressing if you don’t have any anchovies in the kitchen to lovingly drape over my salad??

On pizza, pasta, puttanesca, or deviled eggs. Yesterday, for breakfast, I had slices of baguette with sweet butter, hard-boiled egg, and chopped anchovies. Then I made a vinaigrette with the leftover oil. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I have never tried it and it sounds strange, but I think I won’t mind too much. So a soft yes. (I have put stranger things on my pizza, like mayo and Chinese sausages… not yet chocolate though.)

1 Like

Anchovy has 3 purposes in my life:

1.) Ceasare salad

2.) Puttanesca

3.) White clam sauce

2 Likes

Yes!

2 Likes

absolutely!

2 Likes

And pizza :slight_smile:

2 Likes

By the time I got around to tasting and appreciating them in pasta sauces, about five years ago, they had disappeared from pizzeria topping option lists in my suburban boston stomping grounds. So I haven’t ever had anchovy pizza.

Perfect pizza topping, along with olives and onion.

Also available as the French pissaladiere.

3 Likes

I used to like just a few on a pizza. I liked the flavor they gave it during cooking, but were too salty for me to eat more than a couple. I bet with quality anchovies like the ones I use to season my spaghetti sauce, it would be great. But I haven’t had any on a pizza in at least 25-30 years.

2 Likes

yea

2 Likes

If you are making the pizza at home I recommend placing a few on the pizza, as soon as it comes out of the oven or off the grill, see how that works for you.

That’s a good looking half a pie you have there!

1 Like

They only make the tomato pie when is season, it is very good, but not as good as some.
To clarify, the best and only New England pizza in the area.

The reference in the Tuna Melt thread wasn’t about anchovies on a tuna melt, but rather the general concept of fish and cheese.

HTH

1 Like

Love anchovy pizzas! My brother and I used to share them, but once he was gone I have had no one with whom I can share the love.

1 Like

Most of time, Yea. Unless they overdo the anchovy, then it’s a Nay.