Pizzas: dedicated cutters or chef knives ?

I’m trying to think of something for which a chef’s knife is not my preferred tool. There isn’t much. Peeling potatoes. Peeling carrots. Crimping wire connectors. Measuring voltage. Typing. grin

2 Likes

We use one like this: image
It works fine.

1 Like

Finally found the way

Clean cuts, no mess, easy clean up.

1 Like

MOM she’s cutting pizza with the good scissors!

3 Likes

You cracked me up! But it gets worse. Adult son insists we have dedicated kitchen scissors, which is only right. We might qualify as a scissor obsessed house

Seriously, we make a lot of pizza and focaccia. Scissors are the way to go. You can also leave them out alongside the slab for family members to use without risk of injury to self or surrounds.

2 Likes

Any scissors will do, but offset ones are especially good. I have these
https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-adjustable-household-Dressmakers-Materials/dp/B089S28DS6/ref=sr_1_107_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=offset+scissors&qid=1600221425&sr=8-107-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzVEJCVkRLRE1VQkJIJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMTIzOTAzM1BZQkMzQlI3V0ZHMSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwODg4MDkyMU1WMU5FNlRHSEhLSiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX210ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

1 Like

Pizza cutter most often - I actually use it for lots of other things too (quesadillas, parathas, other flatbreads - and for slicing up dough easily).

I like Oxo, but bought a cheap plastic kiddie one for nonstick pans to give away and it’s remarkably user-friendly.

IMO even the cheapie ones work fine.

And I’ve used a chefs knife too and it’s fine. But I do like my pizza cutter(s).

1 Like

They didn’t include one with your recent purchase?

1 Like

You have a great sense of humor!

I have this gizmo. No handle and it works well for me.

That is what I call a NY pizza cutter. Of particular note is that the wheel can be easily detached from the handle for cleaning. Everyone has a #2 Phillips head screwdriver in the kitchen, right? grin

I do.

2 Likes

LOL!

Now that’s definitely for right handed folks.
The left handed struggle is real!
:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

That is just wrong. grin

1 Like

My brother-in-law was career Coast Guard and began his service cooking. He gave me a giant knife with a thick plastic grip and we use it to cut pizza, also use it to break into winter squash pounding it with a mallet. The thing is indescrutible - the blade is thick, about 10" long. I don’t use it for anything else - it’s too big.

1 Like

I have the same type of cutter as bcc AND a Phillips head screwdriver in the kitchen. What else is a junk drawer for? :wink:

1 Like

When a junk drawer develops we (eventually) empty everything out and reorganize. This usually results in a pile of stuff to donate, a reduction in prep time, and one or two empty drawers.

My wife will tell you this happens when you live with an engineer.

1 Like

Ha ha - I’ve been married to an engineer for 42 years but he is not well organized. His mind is well organized, but he never has his ducks in a row. That’s what I’m for - support staff. He often considers me annoying, but I’ve saved his ass more often than he gives me credit for. Systems, big picture DOD engineering but the little day to day life things fall through the cracks.

1 Like

All engineers with built-in support staff should like @retrospek ^^

1 Like