Pizza toppings

So here is another Swedish pizza specialty:

The Pineapple & Banana Curry Pizza !

That is just wrong. I can deal with pineapple on pizza occasionally but I draw the line at bananas.

4 Likes

In the “don’t mock it till you try” it category, I will tell you this much. Houlihan’s (a North East chain restaurant) offers an Ahi Tuna salad, served with peanuts and banana slices. The thought of Ahi Tuna and banana’s sounds nauseating to me however in execution the salad is DELICIOUS!!! So with that in mind, while I tend to agree with you that banana’s have no business being on a pizza, I will refrain from comment until I try a slice.

I only eat that if the bananas are local.

1 Like

Homemade with fresh basil, fresh tomato, onion, extra mozerell, kalamata olives, EVO and pepperoni.

3 Likes

Pizza salad with egg, anchovy, provolone, sopressat, tuna, mayo, capers, kalamata olives, and fresh basil and tomato from garden.

2 Likes

You can make me a pie anytime! What do you use a stone? Premade or homemade dough, do tell!

Dough is easy the trick is to use a little high gluten flour and start it in the morning. It needs time to develop the gluten and has to be punched down at least 3 times so the yeast bubbles are worked all the way through.

I use a stone but also a pan when I’m making a grandma pie.

1 Like

I’ve (aka my wife) made homemade dough for pasta, never for pizza.

Sauerkraut Pizza:

Don’t ask. It’s a big deal in Nebraska.

That was some terrible “pizza” at a place called Origus in Beijing. The slice on the left had “cheese” and sweetened black beans, and the right, who knows?

Japan and Korea also have some unusual toppings…though the worst part might be the deluge of mayonnaise on many choices.

So here’s another interesting one. The full English Breakfast pie complete with Heinz beans.

And don’t ask me if that’s Wiltshire bacon.

What in god’s name is all that white sauce??? Does this thing even have a crust?

1 Like

That’s not sauce.

Its a fried egg.

1 Like

“fried” is not how I would describe that egg! :joy:

1 Like

That is just wrong.

1 Like

So here’s a new one, squid pizza. It’s black because of the ink:

Apparently it’s a big deal in Singapore:

One place in Singapore making it =/= a big deal…

THAT. IS. SO. WRONG. Please tell me you photoshopped it.

1 Like