Pizza toppings

I am surprised that not many people have tried gyro or kabob pizza. I think they will go together really well.

ā€œNo anchovies? I spell my name Danger!ā€ Letā€™s see who gets that quoteā€¦

Firesign Theatre, of courseā€¦

When does a flatbread become a pizza?
Is there a certain ingredient that tips the scale?
My Turkish friend Sam makes a pretty mean lamb flatbread. Or pizza?
As far as the OP, seems like a waste of a good pizza.

NOOOOOOO! Cicadas really gross me out.

I would very much like to meet your Turkish friend Sam, @bbqboy . :grin:

1 Like

He makes a mean baklava too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

(applause) Your prize is on itā€™s way!

2 Likes

So there is something called kebab pizza in Sweden:

On top of red sauce, dough & cheese they put slices of doner kebab (Turkish gyros), garlic sauce and pepperoncini.

Itā€™s obviously popular at 2 in the am.

1 Like

Whatā€™s in the plastic containerā€¦? Onions? Cheese?

Pizza salad. Salted white cabbage red peppers and onion in vinegar and oil. It comes with every Swedish pizza.

1 Like

Sounds wonderful. Iā€™m in. My friend since 1st grade Laurie and her husband Jeff are there as we speak. Iā€™m going to ask her to take one for the team and report back.

?!?
Ok, that sounds fantasticā€¦! All pizza everywhere should come with something like that!
You just eat on the side right? Not like on top of the pizzaā€¦?

Yep. On the side, comes both in restaurant and with every take out order. My wife, who is Swedish, is crazy about it. If you mention pizza salad to any Swede they will know what you are talking about. Itā€™s a Swedish thing, Iā€™ve never seen it in Germany or even Denmark.

2 Likes

Iā€™m off to google up swedish pizza salad recipes nowā€¦! (Unless you have one to suggest?) i suspect i would love this, especially in the winter when cabbage seems to be the only veg thatā€™s cheap and easy to find

1 Like

I would say this recipe is pretty typical, when I make it at home I add a little shaved onion:

http://blogs.transparent.com/swedish/the-mysterious-swedish-pizza-sallad/

Now youā€™re just bragging ;o)

1 Like

No more gyro meat!?!?!?!!?! Uggghhhhh :yum:

More like hurting, but then you havenā€™t met her.

Thanks! Certainly looks easy enough